II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

God knows what He's doing...even when you don't realize it!

I am such a bad girl. I should be working....really, really SHOULD be working....but I just got a comment from my buddy Logzie about something and it made me want to tell ya'll about it...so just real quick...

Saturday night my mom and dad offered to babysit for me and Matt so we could go out. We were excited since it's been a while since we've had any time to ourselves. I had a "full plate" of work waiting on me at home...but I needed this time with my hubby...so I decided the work could wait and we left. We started out our evening with dinner at Pei Wei (SO YUM!) After that we were going to run by the Bass Pro Shop real quick so Matt could get some arrows for his bow. Okay no biggie, I thought. I wandered around the store for a while looking at whatever interested me (which isn't too much since that's not exactly my kind of store). After about half a hour I checked with Matt and he was still busy. The guy helping him had decided to help him adjust his draw length, which is somewhat of a complicated process and it was taking longer than he'd thought. I decided to go to the Starbucks there inside the BPS and get something non-coffee to drink (since I HATE the taste or smell of coffee) and I ended up with a strawberry frappachino. It was okay but not worth the $4 I paid for it...but anyway....I sat down on the couch by the front door of the store and waited....and waited and waited. Finally I decided to run out to the car and see if I had anything out there to read. Sure enough, I had put my copy of "The Confident Woman" in there and it was still there. I grabbed it and headed back in to the couch. For the next HOUR AND A HALF, I sat and read that book. At first I was pretty ticked off since I felt like my date night with hubby was being completley wasted (I even text messaged Matt and said "Do you realize how much work I could have gotten done tonight!!!!"...but then after a while, I realized that this was actually probably God's way of slowing me down for a little while and giving me some much-needed wisdom and refreshing. I ended up getting a pen out of my purse and underlining half of the book. It was SO SO SO good. The whole way home I talked Matt's ear off about what I had read and how pertinant it was to our lives. I told him that I think everyone needs to read that book---even men. It's got so much awesome wisdom in it. Anyway, I just thought it was pretty neat that what could have been a really sucky night...ended up being a refresher from my Father! Thanks Lord for knowing what's best for me ---even when it doesn't seem that way to the natural eye!

5 comments:

Logzie said...

Oh my gosh, you are SO right about that book being FULL of wisdom! I have been back into reading mine and I too was reading it to Chuck last night. That book/woman is amazing!!!

So glad you are enjoying it!

And I agree, everyone should read it!!

Love you!

Beverly said...

Who is the author of this book, I've heard you talk about it so much I think I'm going to have to look into getting it.

Unknown said...

Hey M,J... just wanted to say I put together a coupon purse as you suggested in an earlier post. I carry it with me everywhere now, too. Yesterday, I was at the salon getting my hair done and I had enough money left over to get some product. I actually had the coupon with me to get an additional item half off! In the past, my coupon is always at home somewhere expiring! Yay! Thanks for the tip!

Jen said...

Bev,
The author is Annabel Gillham and I promise you...you WON'T regret getting the book. It's worth every penny you spend on it and every second of your life you invest into reading it!
by the way, I am telling you the author's name from memory...so I hope I spelled it correctly. Holler back at me if you can't find it.

Logzie said...

Yes, Anabelle Gillham is the author and the BEST place to get the book is Amazon.com. I actually got a ton of them for only a PENNY and $3.49 S&H. The book IS worth WAY more than that though. :0)