II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Addicted...


Well, it's taken 3 years and a lot of nagging...but my hubby has finally gotten on the fitness train. Not that he's ever been the teensiest bit lazy or fat...he gets PLENTY of exercise at work...but since I've been going to the gym for the past 3 years...I've been trying to talk him into joining me. Of course...he waited until our membership ran out (in June) to decide he wanted to start going! ha ha..Men! Anyway, we re-joined and he's been going strong ever since. Now not only is he addicted to the working out..but he has also gotten serious about eating better and getting plenty of protein and vitamins and stuff. Just look at the pile of stuff that sits on our kitchen counter all the time now (and that's not even all of it!)

On my end of things, I have started a couple of new exercise classes. I am now doing step aerobics, power pump (lifting), stability ball, kickboxing, Zumba (latin dance aerobics) and Abs. If my week goes well and I don't have anything unusual, I go 6 times a week. Matt and I have been going on Saturday's now for about a month and we LOVE it. It gives us some structure to our Saturday's and it's something for us to do together. Sunday after church we went to a sporting store so I could get a few new things. I needed some boxing gloves for my kickboxing class and I also got another sports bra and some shorts. Fun, Fun! I would have LOVED to get a new treadmill while we were there...but that'll have to wait. I realized that probably the reason I don't use my treadmill very often is because it is SO old and SO loud that you can't watch TV while you do it or even do it while anyone else is in the house because it is miserably loud. It was given to me by my wonderful brother who had it for a long time and bought it used before I got it. It's certainly been a BLESSING but I think it's time to "bless" someone else with it and get me a new one. The one I am looking at is $399 and has a built-in fan. Maybe for Christmas......!?!!

Anyhow...just thought I'd take a break from working and do a post.

Love ya'll!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Latin dance aerobics? Sounds exotic! I love going to the gym. I started working out regularly about 3 years ago. I go to a stability ball class. You know, the giant balance ball. It is fun. A lot of weight training. I started it b/c it is good for my back. I worked out right up to 3 days before my baby boy was born. Ended up with way quick labor! And quick recovery.

I am sad b/c I've had to take a break from the gym for the past 2 months :( Having only one car right now made it too challenging for me to get there. Hope to return to my schedule in October.

Wonderful that your hubby is now going! It's hard to get our men to the gym... they work too hard already.

Logzie said...

Wow girl! That's a lot!! :0)

I too have started back to the gym and I completely LOVE it. I get so mad at myself when I let other things come in and push my gym time out. But I am committed this time!!

KC said...

I just wish I could go to a gym....I miss taking aerobics classes, and making new friends. We don't have a gym anywhere close to us, so I have to work out at home. It helps that I have a treadmill, elliptical, bowflex (a really old one), free weights, weight bench, and balance ball....oh, and tons of "The Firm" workout DVDs. It also helps that my hubby HAS to stay in shape for his job, and is extremely devoted to exercise and fitness. He keeps me motivated to stick with my workouts. :)
But oh how i miss going to the gym with him. Back before we moved, and before we had kids, we alwasy went to the gym together. We spotted each other, and worked out together. It was so much fun. I miss those days.....

Anonymous said...

Muscle Milk is the best!!! Congrats!