II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Oh Dear Lord!!!

Just now as I was driving home from church, I turned on the TV in our van. It was on Fox News. I hardly ever watch the news because it's always depressing, but what I heard tonight just makes me nauseous and heart-broken. Police in Noble, Oklahoma were shooting at a snake when they accidently shot and killed a 5 year old little boy who was out with his Grandpa fishing. His grandpa, who was sobbing "I wish it would've been me" said that the police were across the pond from them and were shooting at a snake hanging from an old metal building. The grandpa said as soon as he heard the first shot, the hair on the back of his neck stood up and he hollered to try and get whoever was shooting's attention, but nevertheless, they fired again and this time the grandpa said he looked over and his 5-year-old grandson was laying face down with blood gushing from his head. He ran him to the house but it was too late.
Doesn't that make you want to just puke?
I can't help but imagine my sweet baby boy and finding him like that. How does anyone deal with that?
Right now, as I type this my fingers are shaky and all I want to do is hold both of my kids in my arms and NEVER let go. I know that is not realistic though so I just have to find peace in the fact that God is always holding them in His arms--and He's much more qualified to keep them safe than I am.
I wish that made me feel better right now...but at the moment, I am given over to these overwhelmingly sad emotions of how those parents and grandparents must feel right now.
Let's all keep them in our prayers.

4 comments:

Logzie said...

What the heck?? That is so stinkin SAD! Yes, we will be thinking about that family and keeping them in our prayers!!

Unknown said...

Oh, too sad. It's for that very reason that I never watch the news!

Beverly said...

I just don't understand this. I work at for a police department and I am with these guys side by side daily and this is just something you don't do because you never know where the bullet is going to end up. This is so awful, my heart and prayers go out to this family.

KC said...

Oh my goodness!!!

Please pray for those police officers too. Can you imagine what they must be feeling? How could you live with yourself, knowing you had just killed an innocent 5 yr old boy???? Most officers would never shoot at a snake, especially without knowing where the bullet would land....They must be heartbroken, and I am sure there will be repercussions from this.....this is devastating news for all parties involved. I can't even imagine!