II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

update...

Well, Grant's last vomiting episode was at 5:30 a.m. today...since then, he's been doing great! PTL! We were up almost every hour though the night though, which wasn't any fun (and probably much worse for Grant than it was for me). Tonight he will be participating in his first ever on-stage performance at his preschool. They are serving the families dinner and then during their church service, they are having the preschool kids go up and sing some songs. I hope he feels up to it and isn't too scared to go up on stage in front of all the people. I know he knows the songs and the actions and it will be SO cute to see him up there!
In other news...My dad is coming home!! HOORAY! It's kind of bitter-sweet. He actually got laid-off from the job he was working at in California so that's not good...but now he gets to come home for a little bit...so that's great. The kids can't WAIT to see their grandpa! Today is his birthday and it would have been awesome if he could have made it home in time to celebrate his b-day and to see Grant's performance...but oh well. Brooklyn and I are going to bake him a cake and make some signs that say "Welcome Home Grandpa". She LOVES to have any kind of party...so this will be super-exicting for her.
Another tid-bit of news, Brooklyn is going to be a cheerleader for the Kindergarten boys basketball team! I am not sure what I think about it. First of all...they seem SO YOUNG to be playing team sports OR doing cheers...but it is through the First Baptist Church here (which is where Grant goes to preschool too) and it is not competetion based at all. It's kind of pricey to participate...but Brooklyn has been saying for a couple of years now that she can't WAIT to be a cheerleader and that is what she dressed up for Halloween as. When they sent the flyer home to sign up....I knew she was going to want to do it. Matt was okay with it...so we're going ahead with it. I am so glad that she's been in gymnastics for 2 years so she'll at least know a little bit. We are actually switching her from the gymnastics class she is in right now to a tumbling class. Right now they mainly focus on bars and beams...and in tumbling, they learn how to do all the flips and stuff (which is what she is most interested in--it seems). As soon as she gets her uniform and pom-poms...I will take a picture so you can see! I just hope I can keep her focused on what is really important as she grows up. I wasn't a cheerleader in school...and I always wanted to be...but I also always hated how they acted--like they were better than everyone else. I will not put up with that from her---and I don't think it will be an issue as she is very social and friendly and accepting of others. She actually tends to reach out to the "less priveledged" kids in her classes it seems, and that makes me proud. Just what Jesus would do. If she sees someone without friends or who is being picked on...she always befriends them.
Anyway, this post was going to be a quick update on Grant's status...and it ended up being really long. Hope you all had a great weekend. I will post pictures of tonights performance later!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Poor Grant! Glad he's feeling better. And how exciting that Brooklyn's going to be a cheerleader! I see your point about wanting to make sure she has the right attitude about it, but I'm sure she'll be just fine. Know what this post reminded me of? When I made a joke about a cheer that I saw some cheerleaders on a TV show doing and it turned out to be a cheer my friend did in high school and loved. "Big G, little O, Go! GO!" I think it's cheesy but I should have kept my big mouth shut. Oops!