II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

NO DEAL!!!

Well, our car-shopping experience went just as I expected. We spent 2 hours looking at cars and finally picked one BEFORE they would assess the "value" of our van and tell us what they'd give us on it. Then we spent another 30 minutes waiting while they "worked the numbers." When the salesman finally came back to give us the "deal", our shopping-experience ended abruptly. First of all, they were going to give us FOUR thousand dollars less on our van than its worth...which meant we were going to have to tack on that extra $4,000 to the new loan which jacked our payment up WAY out of our range. In addition, they guy had the nerve to insult us by telling us we paid to much for our van in the first place. What a NERD---we bought it THERE!! Plus, we only paid $2,000 more for our van (3 1/3 years ago) than what they are going for now..and ours has an after-market 10 inch TV/DVD player in it and a built-in child seat which accounts for that extra 2 grand). UGH! It was just a total bummer of a night. Nothing worked out the way it was supposed to. We were supposed to get our dream car for the RIGHT price, have a wonderful dinner and then come home to an empty house and Get. It. On. (sorry if that's TMI).
After the icky car thing...we went to Pei Wei for dinner (which was yummy) and then came home and watched a movie (Blue Crush--which was LAME) and I fell asleep before it got over....so no hanky panky. :o(
On the flip side...my day out today with the girls was WONDERFUL! We worked out at the gym, ran to Teya's house and showered and then her and I and another girl shopped from 1:00 till 5:00. It was the first time in a long time that I didn't shop for the kids really...but mostly for myself and my mom. It was heavenly and since I came home to a hubby who is also in a great mood..I'm thinkin' maybe a little lovin' might be goin' down tonight!
And on that note...that's it for me for now...I have someone to do. (oops, I meant something....wow! Did I say that?---just look what a day out did for me!) ha ha

5 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Just my opinion...drive it until its dead. I have a 2000 truck with 160,000 miles and Gigi drives a 1987 4Runner with 200,000 plus miles.

Logzie said...

We have a 2000 Taurus and it has 178,000 miles! Got a steal of a deal on it over 2 years ago and we have not put a dime into it except for new brakes last month. But...now the transmission might be acting up...UGH!

Have FUN tonight!!!!

Amos said...

Yep, I would have to agree with drive it until it dies. Our 2000 van has 145,000 on it and is still going strong. It has climbed the mountains of Colorado like a trooper several times, as well as in Branson too. You have a great vehicle, just keep it!

Logzie said...

I was thinking about you today and how you wrote that the sales guy told you that you paid too much for the van...BUT YOU BOUGHT IT FROM THEM! I didn't realize how stupid that was until today. Wow! Chuck HATES car salesmen. I love it! I have fun with all the games they play. I am usually the one to 'work the deal' b/c Chuck gets too frusterated with them. I know that I don't NEED their car as much as they would LIKE my money. There are cars for sale everywhere but they don't have serious buyers everyday and I see that as having the upperhand! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!

KC said...

Girl I have a Van just like yours. It is a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan, and it has almost 117,000 miles on it! It still runs great! We have had no problems with it at all! Plus it is Paid for....So I will definitely be driving this baby, until it croaks! haha
"P.S.: Dear God, Please hear my prayer, and don't let that happen until after Stephen's truck is paid for!!!"

So hang in there Girl, it has a lot of miles left on it! :)
Love ya Girl!