II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, let's see. It's the morning of Thanksgiving and I was up at 6:08 thanks to my 2 year old son who thinks the minute the sun peaks its head out it is "time to get up." I guess I should be thankful since he's been getting up during the 5 o'clock hour for most of the past week...so in some weird way, I kinda got to sleep in. HA! Anyway, I decided since I was awake, I'd come in here and get a head start on the huge load of work I have to do this weekend. I guess I should be thankful that I am blessed with such an awesome job...that I can wear my SpongeBob jammies and Christmas tree slippers to work and can do my work at any hour of the day from now until Monday morning...just so long as it's turned in by 9 am Monday...but sometimes having such flexibility is not so great for me...because as you can see...I am NOT working right now like I had planned...I am blogging. And...it's actually 7:03 am right now because I have been reading the blogs of my friends for the past hour. I guess I should be thankful though that I have so many great blogger-friends and they write such interesting things that I can't pull myself away so I can do my work! (Logzi..!!)
I should probably get up from the computer now and start my B-I-G day. I only have about 15 things to cook. I know I should be thankful though because that means I have lots of friends and family coming to MY house today! Yay! I should also probably get showered before I do anything else since there will be a total of 7 people bathing at my house today and I'm not crazy about cold showers. Hee hee. I am SO thankful though to have my terrific husband home with me today so I don't have to be totally in charge of the kids while I try to cook 10 different things at once and plus, he's pretty fun to look at too! hee hee
When we have company, the kids think that is a license to get out every toy they've ever owned and show them to our company so keeping on top of the house-cleaning is going to be a challenge this weekend...especially since we have different people arriving at different times for the next 3 days. I am EXTRA thankful though that I have two of the most beautiful, funny, sweet, unique and precious children in the world to call my very own. They are a handful...there's no question about it...but I'm glad they're MY handful!
Well....off to cook and clean and eat, eat, eat! Love you all and really, I am so thankful you read my blog and are my friend!

1 comments:

Logzie said...

I am SO Thankful to have you as my friend as well Jen! I am so glad we have met in cyberspace and hopefully sometime soon for REAL.

Thanks for the heartwarming Thankgiving morning post! It has put things in prospective for me as today I woke up with a sore throat and it seemed just like a normal day. I needed to be reminded that today is Thanksgiving and it's a wonderful day and I DO have a LOT to be thankful for! Including YOU!

LOVE YOU!