II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Apology accepted???

Note: This post is not the result of anything currently happening in my life...just had some time to think the other day (while we were at the park) and it stirred these thoughts up.

Why is it so hard for men to say "I'm Sorry"? It's like they think they can just start being nice again...and all is forgotten. I'm not really talking about arguments as much as I am moods. My guy has days where he's really "into" me and is lovey-dovey towards me all day...and then other times...he's kind of stand-offish. I guess we probably all go through that to some degree, but I don't think there is ever a time I don't wish he was feeling "into" me. Anyway, on those days when I am feeling kind of shafted...sometimes I will tell him about it, and he'll agree that he hasn't been being very affectionate towards me. But instead of saying I'm sorry, we just go on and then all of a sudden...he switches back over to the "sweet" mode. I wish I would/could just go along with it and be grateful...but instead I am usually thinking, "you can't push me away for 2 days and then try to get all cuddly again just whenever you feel like it." That's dumb, I know...but I guess I just wish he'd say "sorry I acted like that" sometimes. Anyway, I know he'll be reading this at some point...so honey, I hope you don't mind that I am talking about this to the whole world! It's not just my hubby that does this, I'm sure. I think it's just men in general. (the vast majority of them anyway) Maybe its a pride thing? I mean, really, who LIKES to ever have to say "I'm sorry"?? It'd be nice if we could do everything right for everyone all the time, but so far, I haven't seen it happen.
Talking about this makes me think about all the marriage seminars and classes I've been in where they talk about this "circle of love" thing. It goes like this=The man gets what he wants from the woman (sex) = The woman gets what she wants from the man (affection, thoughtfulness) = man gets his needs met and is then willing to meet womans needs, and so on. My problem with that whole circle thing is this...It has to start with the man. If the man will give the woman a day of affection and thoughtfulness, she will be glad to give him what he wants and then the wonderful little circle starts rolling. However, if the woman is the first to start the circle and she gives the man what he wants without having her needs met first...the man rolls over and goes to sleep and the woman is left wanting. (and I am not talking about wanting in the sexual way...I mean the affectionate, thoughtfulness way). I mean really, how many men do you know, who having just had their needs met...get up and wash the dishes and do a load or two of lanundry? Come on!
Of course, they never say this at those seminars or classes (but then, it's ususlly a MAN teaching it!) ha ha

Ps. Just for the record: I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hubby and woudn't trade him for anyone! He's not perfect...but he's no farther away from it than I am!

0 comments: