II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Been There, Done That

Well, now I can say I've "been there, done that" about the day-after-Thanksgiving shopping. It was a once in a lifetime experience! ---Meaning I don't plan to do it again. It really was fun though. Let's see...this is how it went...I set my alarm for 4:26 a.m. (because that's Matt's birth month and day---I know I am a goofball). Anyway, so I jumped up and got ready and we were off by 5:15. We made it to the Target/Kohl's parking lot at about 5:45 and already there were probably 200+ people lined up outside of Target waiting for the doors to open! So, we decided to hit Kohl's first instead since they had opened at 5:00 and the rush would surely have died down by then. NOT!!! The lines to check out wrapped ALL the way around the store and I actually heard someone say it was about a 2-hour wait!!! So, we picked out all our stuff and then shoved it behind some slacks on a table and left, figuring we'd hit a couple of the little shops in that strip mall and then come back in an hour or so and check out then. Well, long story short...we went back to Kohl's FOUR times before we finally just got in the mile-long line and waited. We barely made it in time to get the "early-morning" sales (they ended at 1 pm) but the wait really wasn't THAT bad and that is where I got my best bargains. None of the other places we went really had lines too terribly long. At one point we did drive all the way to the mall just so I could go to one single store for which I had a coupon for $15 off of any purchase. It was only good until noon and it was 11:48 when we pulled into the mall parking lot. We jogged in (from our parking space at the VERY end of the parking lot) and then Tara got in line for me while I looked REAL quick for something for about $15. I found some cute pajama pants for $16.50 and got in line. When I checked out, we only had 2 minutes until the sale was over! Whew! I made it. It was fun though and hey...I got a cute Christmas present and only had to pay $1.63!!! We also went to Panera Bread for "brunch" and I found a new LOVE! I had a baked egg, spinach and bacon souffle (sp?) and an Iced Green Tea. YUMMMM!!!!!! The tea was good...but the souffle was unbelievable! I am hooked! I don't even want to know how many calories are in it though. I'm sure it's bad. All I know is if I am going to "splurge" on my calories...at least I'll be eating something extraordinarily yummy!
Anyway, all in all, the day was a blast and hanging out with Matt's little sis was a lot of fun. Neither of us could really spend a whole lot...which was a big bummer...but we still had lots of fun people watching! Oh, BTW, when we first walked into Kohl's (at 5:45 am) there was a lady passed out in the floor!!! Kinda freaky! Oh and at the mall..there were police riding all around on horses!! That was certainly a sight! Anyone who lives in this town or has ever lived here knows...that intersection is CRAZY anyway..but couple that with lunch time AND the day-after-Thanksgiving and it's CHAOS! I told Tara those must be the tamest horses on the planet to be able to handle all that noise and people and vehicles!
I was going to take a picture of all my "goodies" and show you what I got...but then it dawned on me that some of the people who read this would be seeing their Christmas present...so I decided I better not.
Well...I could babble on and on..but Matt's waiting on me to come watch a movie with him ('Stick It'---hopefully it will be good)....so I'll write more later! Good Night!

0 comments: