II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You've met my couch potato, now meet my tater tots!

This is a comic strip I have on my fridge. It is a woman introducing a friend to her husband (the couch potato) and her children (the tater tots)! Cute huh? Well, no more lazy taters for us. Tonight we all got ready and went to the gym. It's Matt's first time to do my classes with me! I've LONGED for the day we might actually work out together and it finally got here! YAY! I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. He doesn't really need to work out (as much as I do) since his job consists of constant physical labor...but it can't ever hurt a person to do a little weight training which is what we did tonight. I was worried that it might be too easy for him..but he said he definintely got a work out. I guess it can't ever be too easy because we use barbells and you decided on the amount of weight you put on your bar...so I guess you could just keep going up on your weight if you wanted. I've decided to stop at 20 pounds on my bar b/c I don't really want to build any more muscle. I just want to tone the ones I already have and lose the fat that is surrounding them. Speaking of losing fat...have any of you been watching The Biggest Loser on Wednesday nights? If not, you should! It is SOOOOO encouraging to see these people work so hard and have such AMAZING results! What a motivator!
Well, this is short, but I need a shower BADLY! I mowed the grass today (an acre) AND did 2 aerobics classes PLUS layed out in the sun...so need I say more? Goodnight!

2 comments:

Amos said...

The secret to toning what is have it to do more reps with a weight around 8-10 pounds. To build the muscle you do more weight and less reps. Haha, coming from me who really wants to weight lift and is still just sitting here I'm sure that makes a big impression. I am going to check out a club that someone told me you could join for $5 a month. I know there is a catch but we'll see. Glad you and your hubby got to do it together.

KC said...

Woo-Hoo!!! You go Girl!!! I am so proud of you, and your handsome hubby!
Yes I have been watching it, talk about motivating! Just seeing how far they have to go, verses how far we need to go, it is really inspiring! It always makes me want to work out extra hard/long after seeing that amazing show. I am so glad that people are finally realizing that obesity is a disease and will kill you! It isn't something to "accept" unless you want that person to become ill and possibly die. It is really scary, and we CAN make a difference! Just encouraging those around us, that "we did it! You can do it to!" Come on, lets go workout!"
I love motivating others, and sharing my passion for getting and staying healthy!
Ok, enough of my soap-box.
Love you girl,
Kandy