II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Quick Weekend Recap

Friday night we went to our church's Friday Night Family Night at a putt-putt golf place. It was fun and I surprised myself a couple of times with a hole-in-one! (No one needs to know Matt got LOTS of holes-in-one's though). he he After golfing, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up our new 52 inch TV. I had been shopping there earlier that day and happened to catch them marking it down because it was a store display. Since I knew Matt's been wanting a BIG TV for a while now, I had them put it on hold for me and we went and got it later that night.
Saturday we woke up and got started on trying to take everything out of the entertainment center so we could set up the new TV. We really hadn't thought about the fact that now, with this enormous TV, we wouldn't have anywhere to put all our components (6 stereo components, DVD player, VCR and Satellite receiver)! Now we'd really like to have one of those entertainment center things that goes around the big TV's...but that will have to wait until next years tax return b/c we have spent ENOUGH money lately! (mostly on the upstairs play room) Anyway, Saturday night we took the kids to the State Fair to see Raven from Disney's "That's So Raven". It was packed and we couldn't see her at all...but thankfully we were able to stand Brooklyn up on a big plastic barrel thing and she could see her. She was having SO much fun screaming along with all the other little girls and waving her arms in the air to the beat of the music.
Well, that's pretty much it. Hope you all had a good weekend too! We sure are enjoying this beautiful fall weather!

0 comments: