II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

quite a wake up call

My precious daughter was almost hit by a car today. Talk about a wake up call! We were in a shopping "square" where there are a whole bunch of stores all in a square block downtown. We (me, mom, Grant and Brooklyn) were just leaving Pottery Barn and Grant, Brooklyn and I were on one side of the street/parking lot and mom was on the otherside. While I was busy with Grant and Brooklyn was standing right at my side...she suddenly decided to take off running across the street/parking lot over to my mom. I really didn't notice until I heard the loud screeching sound of car brakes and saw that a car had stopped mere inches from my baby girl! I was in such shock that I was speechless...while the driver of the car was anything but (speechless). She sat and screamed/cursed at me for at least the next 10-15 seconds...none of which I comprehended. All I could think about was how close that was to being a tragedy. Now that I've had time to think about it...I know the lady driving the car had to have been going WAYYYY too fast for a parking lot for her brakes to have made SUCH a screeching noise...but of course, I'm sure she wasn't feeling any blame. It was clear that she thought I was the only one to blame. Honestly, I don't think anyone was really at fault. It was just a crazy coincidence and a lack of good judgement and thinking on Brooklyn's part. Since she was running across the street to my mom and my mom was the one to "deal" with her immediately following the incient....I don't know how "shook up" she really was about the whole thing...but I hope it scared her enough to have "learned her lesson." Matt and I talked about it...and I don't think anything I could say to her would be as effective as if she realized what almost happened herself. I just know that my faith in guardian angels has been even more strengthened. I pray every day for my family to be surrounded by angels and thank God that nothing can harm them. Praise God that He is faithful to hear our prayers! I have also realized how quickly something bad can happen. That today was nothing I could have anticipated or planned for. I would have been very confident to say that Brooklyn knows to look both ways before crossing the street...and I am sure she did/does know that...she just forgot and it happened to be at the wrong moment. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all! Keep your loved ones covered in prayer everyday. It is Blessed Assurance!

0 comments: