II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Why is this so hard for me?



I SO need some inspiration. Brooklyn's quilt for her new "grown-up" room arrived yesterday. I had already bought curtains a while back. Now that I am looking at it all...I feel totally uninspired. I am trying to pick a paint color for the walls first and foremost. I'd really like to stay away from pink if at all possible...but the only other 2 colors that come to mind are some shade of blue or some shade of green and I don't think either of those will work either since there is a lot of those colors in the comforter. I want something that will pop and really stand out. A bold color maybe. I thought about brown...but then that's SO dark. Anyhow, I am putting pictures of the stuff on here and if anyone has any suggestions...please feel free to share them. The curtains we have are very similar to this except they have green ball-fringe on the edges instead of ribbon.
Her furniture is a distressed white.

5 comments:

Logzie said...

I think brown would be GREAT! I know what you mean about it being dark but we did Ella's room in brown and it's not dark at all! It's more of a milk chocolate than dark. I wish I could show you....I think you'd like it.

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the comforter!!! WHERE did you get it? I want one!

Don't feel uninspired...everything I see of yours is always GREAT. You picked really cute stuff!

Jenelle said...

I agree with Logziella that brown will work. It's great in Ella's room. Otherwise what about a purple with a pink tone to it. It looks like there is a little of it in there...

Jen said...

Logzie & Jenelle,
I might give Brown a try. I'm thinking maybe brown on one "accent" wall (with the big window) and then dark pink (sort of a rose color) for the other walls? I just don't know.
Anyway, Logzie you asked where I got the comfortor. I got it at Pottery Barn Teen and believe me when I say...I paid a friggin pretty penny for it! I mean...their stuff is cute and all...which is why I ordered from there...but Give Me A Break! Just one pillow sham was $39. You multiply that x how much fabric is in the quilt and then take a stab at how much I paid for that quilt! Augh!
This was how I justified it:
Brooklyn loves it.
It's her ONLY birthday present from us.
Since its from PBTeen...she will be using it well into her teen years.
It has dark(ish) colors so I won't have to worry too much about spots/stains.

KC said...

That is so adorable!!! You always pick the cutest stuff!

Beverly said...

I would choose pink just because I absolutely love it but my next choice would be brown beings you try to stay away from pink and I love that pink/brown mix.