II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Everybody and their dog...

Let it be known....right here, right now...that when I invite someone to stay the night at my house...I am NOT inviting your little, un-potty-trained dog too. For some reason some people in my family think their dogs are equal to people and they take them with them EVERYWHERE. Now don't get me wrong...I love to take my ole dog Sam for a ride in the car every now and then. As a matter of fact, he's gotten to be my buddy when I take the kids to school in the mornings. He rides in the front seat with me and keeps me company and I love it (as does he). BUT...never would I pack him up with me and take him to spend the night at someone else's house. And he IS potty trained. But he's a DOG for goodness sakes. It really won't kill him to spend a night or two alone!
I am ticked off about this at the moment because I am cleaning out Brooklyn's room from when we had our big Christmas Eve gathering. We had pillows and blankets all in her floor for people to sleep on and yes, I am just now getting around to getting it all cleaned up. So, as I start grabbing stuff I notice this horrible stench on all the blankets and pillows. What the HECK? It's DOG PEE! Dark, yellow, disgusting dog pee. GRrrrrrrr.....makes me want to scream!
Okay, I should stop. I dearly love the person whose dog this is, obviously...but why does she ALWAYS insist on bringing that thing with her???
I don't even allow my OWN animals on the furniture...why would I let someone else's?
Okay...that's it for now.

5 comments:

Amos said...

I am with you on that one. Dog pee is hard to get out of anything, but who knows how long you will find the little left overs in your house. Yuck!

KC said...

You love the person, but not what their dog does to your house...We have to take our dog with us when we go visit family, but he is an "outside" dog.
If the dog is house-trained, and clean, I wouldn't mind. But if it is peeing/pooping everywhere and tearing stuff up, then I would be furious!

Logzie said...

Yah, I would not take to kindly to that situation either!

It's always hard to find a place for Grover to go to while we are gone somewhere. Thankfully I kinda forced my Mom to watch him for us when we went to Mojonah's last month and she fell in love with him and offered him back anytime! Yay!!!

Kate said...

Sounds just like my sister-in-law, who thinks her dog is the best and that everyone should welcome her into their home too. Not so. Sure the dog may be a sweetie, but you just never know how they're going to react to a house full of people and different surroundings. I've vowed not to be one of those doggie parents when we get our dog this year. If people say we can bring her, fine. But I'd never ask or just bring her outright. That's just plain rude. Hope you can get the stains out :(

Unknown said...

I have a set of inlaws that used to do the same thing! It would upset me so much. When we finally got our own place we told them they couldn't bring the dog inside... you can imagine how that went over. Finally now, 3 kids later, they don't seem to have room for the pooch ;)