II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Well, by golly---there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

I just had the most fabulous day of shopping with my mom and Grandma and I wanted to blog about it for a sec since I have something POSITIVE to say! Hooray!

We got all our shopping done...every last gift bought and ALL for great prices. I didn't overspend on anything and I feel totally happy and satisfied with everything I bought. I even used my $50 bonus I got from my dr. office to buy myself a new pair of jeans, sweatshirt and undies from Aeropostle! yay!

Thanks to my friend Rachael who kept my kids for me so I could go do this. I didn't realize how much I needed it. I felt giddy and almost like butterflys in my stomach when I walked into the mall withOUT my kids--just me and mom and gramma. I had to grab my mom and give her a big hug and tell her how special this was to me....for us to be doing this. We had a wonderful lunch at Camille's deli and then got back to town at a reasonable hour!

Tonight I am gonna take the kids to the library to have "Storytime with Santa" and to pay the late fees on my books that were due on 12/16. (oops!)

Thanks for all your comments on that last post. I don't know that I am "Cured" but today sure has helped a lot! I love you all!!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wonderful news! I'm so glad you got to spend time with them. (And I'm just a wittle jealous that you've still got your grandma around to enjoy:) Merry Christmas!

Logzie said...

I am SO glad you had a good time shopping! I can just see you hugging your MOM and being so happy!

LOVE YOU JEN!!

mlm said...

My mom did that for me last week...watched my toddler so I could spend the day Christmas shopping. I felt the same way you did...I couldn't stop smiling. I even told the salesman at the Verizon store, (like over and over), "I'm so happy." I'm sure he thought I was a dork, but I couldn't STOP SMILING! So I'm glad you had a day like that. If only we could bottle it and have them more often. By the way, I hope you read this comment, because I've just tagged you. Please visit my blog to find out the details. (And don't be mad at me for tagging you!)

walkwisely.blogspot.com