II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Twas the night before the night before Christmas...

Hey guys! We are at Matt's mom's house and everyone is watching a movie 'cept for me and Matt. We've already seen it so he's snoozing away in the recliner and I am sitting here checking my e-mail and reading blogs. Hmmm....that sounds an awfully lot like what we do every evening at home! ha ha
We have had a fabulous visit with family for the past 2 days and tomorrow we will head home and throw our big Christmas Eve party. I am expecting 26 people, I think. We are going to play Christmas Win, Lose or Draw and I made up a big board full of pictures from Christmases past...for us to all gawk at. I tried to find the silliest, most embarrasing pictures I could. I'm sure they'll all hate me for it...but it will certainly make for good conversation and laughter!
My SIL suggested we all bring a gift for Jesus this year...something we can offer Him of ourselves---like The Little Drummer Boy. Whether it be a song, a dance, a story, a testimoney or whatever...just something that we can share with everyone else. Soo...since I am sorta running out of time, I wrote a quick little poem last night before I fell asleep. I re-read it this morning and it's not too bad, so I thought I'd share it with you all on here. I probably only put about 15 minutes into this so I'm sure I could make it better if I had more time...but I think I'll just leave it as it is. It's simple but it says what I wanted it to say. So here it is:
My Heart
My heart has two parts: She's six, He's three...
Little walking, talking peices of me.

I kiss them goodnight then lift weary eyes to the sky,
"Lord, I'm just not sure I'm qualified."

This job you've given me, what an honor it is,
But how do I know I'm raising 'em right, these kids?

I take them to church and teach them to pray,
But they're learning so much from the things I do and say.

Please guide me oh Lord and give me your wisdom,
No doubt I'll need it in the years to come.

I feel inadequate in so many ways
and it's only by Your grace I make it thru some days.

So Thank You Dear Father for protection from above
as I bring up these children I so dearly love.


So, that's it. Hope you all enjoyed it--and hope I can read it in front of my entire family without crying.
I have LOTS of pictures to share with you all when I get back home.
Merry, Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

mlm said...

Wow. Thanks for writing and sharing that poem. I often feel very similar. Almost daily I remind God that I'm utterly incapable of being the mom I think I "ought" to be. I ask Him what I'm doing wrong and how can I be better and please don't let me mess my son up for life. :o) Then I wonder what kind of mom Mary must have been...raising God. Hmmm...Merry Christmas!

Beverly said...

O my goodness Jen that was wonderful and so fitting. I feel exactly the same the majority of the time. Thanks for sharing.

Logzie said...

Wow...only 15 minutes! That would have taken me YEARS!! I am just not a poem or story writer. You are great!

What a great idea also about giving something of yourself. I love it! Our family would not go for something like that. I wish they would though.

Merry Christmas!!

P.S. You're a GREAT Mother...don't forget that! :0)

Kate said...

What a beautiful poem - really, that almost had me in tears . Know that you are a good mother and that the Lord has entrusted such precious gifts to you b/c He knows you are capable of raising them right and raising them well. Merry Chrsitmas Jen, to you and yours!