II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blended emotions

My emotions are like this:
Someone takes a blender, puts in some joy, a LOT of crying, some giddyness, some confusion, some gratefulness and a touch of fury--turns the thing on HIGH and while it's blending takes the lid off at which point everything flies everywhere.
That's me lately.
I cry at the drop of a hat.
I can't make decisions here lately either---no matter how simple. I might stand in one spot holding several different items that go in different parts of my house and I will stand there for who-knows-how-long trying to figure out which way I should go first to be most "economical". I had to call my mom today to see if I should return something I bought at the Dollar store for $1 that I didn't want or if I should just toss it out. I would have to make a special trip into town just to return it...and I certainly didn't want it...but what a waste to throw something perfectly good away with the tags still attached. Also, I didn't know anyone who would want the thing. I spent probably 10 minutes just sitting there looking at it and the receipt trying to decide whether or not to take it back. Finally, I called my mom, who I am sure thinks I am NUTS, and she said, "Honey, it's not a big decision. Just throw it away. The time and gas it would take you to return is is worth a lot more than $1". And she's right...but why couldn't I figure that out for myself?
Anyway, I don't know what's up with me. I would say that maybe it's "that time of the month" but this has been going on now for at least 2 weeks. I feel drained--and at the moment---terribly sleepy. hmmmmmm......

7 comments:

Kate said...

Don't feel bad. I too have the "blender" of emotions that you described. It acutally made me chuckle to think of all that spewing form the top of my head. Maybe we're all a little stressed out over the holidays and our minds are moving faster than our hands can. I know in my head, I'm always days and weeks in advance of where my body can actually get the work done reasonably. Make sense? So, yes, throw out whatever it is you're stressing over and be done with it :)

Watch BL last night??? OMG!!! Julie and Hollie look super HOT now! I couldn't believe it. So glad Bill and his brother won. Although, I think the brother lost a little too much weight; looks a little sickly. Would be nice if we could see how long they keep the weight off since that's the real challenge. Can't wait for Biggest Loser Couples! I've been meaning to sign up for the million pound challenge too. That was great motivation watching them all last night - hopefully enough to get me off to a good start in '08. Good luck to you too :)

Kate said...

Don't feel bad. I too have the "blender" of emotions that you described. It acutally made me chuckle to think of all that spewing form the top of my head. Maybe we're all a little stressed out over the holidays and our minds are moving faster than our hands can. I know in my head, I'm always days and weeks in advance of where my body can actually get the work done reasonably. Make sense? So, yes, throw out whatever it is you're stressing over and be done with it :)

Watch BL last night??? OMG!!! Julie and Hollie look super HOT now! I couldn't believe it. So glad Bill and his brother won. Although, I think the brother lost a little too much weight; looks a little sickly. Would be nice if we could see how long they keep the weight off since that's the real challenge. Can't wait for Biggest Loser Couples! I've been meaning to sign up for the million pound challenge too. That was great motivation watching them all last night - hopefully enough to get me off to a good start in '08. Good luck to you too :)

Crystal said...

Girl, is it just me or is ALL Cancer's like this? I too, have the same type emotions going through me as well. I don't stress anymore, it gets me too worked up where I start stressing about mundane things...not anymore!

I love The Biggest Loser! I haven't been able to watch this season though! Darnit!

Logzie said...

All I have to say is that somedays it REALLY sucks to be a woman and have these hormones and emotions!

Hang in there girl!!!

Jenelle said...

I know just what you mean. I've tried tracking this over the years and this is what I've found... If there is too much on my mind there is an inability to process everything in there and I shut down. Stopping to make a few lists and prioritize helps. Also when my brain isn't getting what it needs (sleep, proper nutrition, etc) it slows down processing. Finally, depression. My post-partum was plagued by indecision. When I got on meds my hubby was thrilled that I could decide which fast food restaurant to stop at.
Just a couple of things to look at.

Amy said...

I think all women must have this. I don't know a single one who doesn't. Why is it so hard sometimes? I guess because all of us feel like we have to be superwoman and try to do it all. The result is we are overloaded and that leads to indescision. Well, it usually does for me anyway.

My hubby is absolutely wonderful but it seems like he can't multitask like you and I can. Must be nice! Why can't we all just think more like men? :)

KC said...

Hmmm...girl, that sounds just like me...when I was pregnant! By any chance could that be the cause??? :)