II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

We welcome Peepaw to our home...

Last Thursday night, Matt's dad came to "live" with us. This has been planned for a while now..but he was just waiting for the right time. I say "live" because it's not permanent or anything...but he'll be staying with us until he can get his own place. The kids absolutely LOVE him so this is quite a treat for them. We've enjoyed having him around here too. It gives me a good excuse to make more special, yummy meals than we'd normally have and of course, with that...comes more desserts! Just what I DON'T need! I swear I feel like I am losing this battle with losing weight...the scale keeps inching up. I am up almost 10 pounds from last Summer which is completely depressing. It's like the more I work out..(which is up to 8 hours a week now besides what I do at home)...the more I seem to eat and the more I seem to gain. I guess I am going to HAVE to go back to counting my calories and restricting myself to 1200 if I am ever going to drop any weight. That is just SO hard to do when I'm cooking all this good stuff all the time. Anyway...this post was not supposed to be about weight. I was just going to tell you all about our house-guest and I also wanted to mention that we went and saw Evan Almighty tonight and it was really cute. I definitely recommend it. I mean...it wasn't the best movie EVER...but it was certainly entertaining and light. My parents and my grandma went too and they all liked it a lot. It's nice to see a sort of "biblical" movie out. On the flip side, we rented Norbit on Friday night and that was a dud. There were some funny parts..but it wasn't worth the $3.50 or 2 hours of my time. But then...if you like movies about grotesquely obese vulgar women..you just might enjoy it. Eddie Murphy plays 3 different parts in this movie (again) and one of them is the fat lady. Okay, well, I have gobs of work to do and the kids are standing here waiting on me so I better end. Hope you all had a good weekend!

3 comments:

Amos said...

I thought Norbit was really dumb too, we went to see it in the theater unfortunately. What a waste of time. We saw Shrek 3 on Saturday when I sent you the message that BA movies went up by a quarter a person. It's still a deal but I had my $8.00 all ready and had to dig for more. I wish we would've went to Evan Almighty instead of Shrek, it wasn't that great either.

tori said...

oh jen! i think that you look great. i just want to say that we are all harder on ourselves than we need to be. keep up the good work! you are doing an awesome job at going to the gym.

t

KC said...

Jen you are doing so great with your workouts and weightloss. Don't get bummed out. I weigh about 6 lbs more than I did last summer, but I wasn't weight training then and I am now. My clothes actually fit better now, than they did then. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, and a toned muscular body is worth the extra weight. Don't go by the scales number, go by how your clothes fit. Girl you are one of the Hottest Momma's I know, so don't be so hard on yourself. Just think about Matt's comment on how skinney you look! :)
Hang in there girl. Eat what you want, but watch your portion sizes. A few small bites of dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth, without undoing all of your hard work. :)
Love ya girl,
Kandy