II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Aww Shuga, Shuga...you are my candy girl..and you've got me wanting you...

Brooklyn loves that old song and so when it came time to name our NEW solid white KITTY cat..."Sugar" just seemed to fit.

We were at the sprinkler park last Thursday when a lady walked up with a pet carrier full of "Free Kittens." I knew at that very moment that we'd be taking one home with us since we'd already been telling the kids they could get a kitty if we could find a free one. Right away Brooklyn picked up a female, solid white one and they began bonding. It was like they were meant for one another. While all the other kittens were biting and scratching and running around, this one just curled up in Brooklyn's arms and began to purr and fall asleep. I called Matt to make sure we were in agreement and he said yes as long as it stays outside (which was our plan all along...((we have mice)). The kids were ecstatic and after the sprinkler park, we went to Wal-Mart to get all the supplies. Here are a few pic's of the newest member of the Jones clan.

When we left for the lake Saturday Morning, Brooklyn was completely distraught that we couldn't bring Sugar along...so she started writing her little love notes all over the back patio. I thought it was so cute I snapped some pictures. But---when her daddy heard...it tugged on his heartstrings and he said, "Why don't we just let her bring her along?" Ha! What a hassel that turned out to be..(Amos..you know!! Sorry you had to be sleeping buddies with her!)

2 comments:

Amos said...

Hey, it is all G (good). Well, it was all good until I thought I killed her in the middle of the night because she was sleeping so darn hard that she was practically limp! Haha. My cat that exact color used to walk across the piano in my room in the middle of the night, and believe me that was way worse than a kitty snuggling up to me for a night. She is adorable!

Logzie said...

Congrats on your new Kitty Kat!!

I love the name "Sugar"!

BTW, Brooklyn's hair is SO adorable short. I loved it in those pictures!