II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Up and At'em

I am up. It's 5:43 a.m. and I am up. I Sooooo don't want to be up BUT I made a deal with myself last night that I could go to bed early if I promised I would get up at 5:30 a.m. and do my work. Ugh! It sounded like such a sweet deal last night. Now I feel like a walking, typing zombie with sand in my eyes. Why didn't I just say "no deal" and stay up late?
Oh well, anyway, I am just hoping I can stay awake long enough to get all this work done. The wonderful doctor that I work for (and I mean that literally) forgets to send me my work sometimes which is a bitter-sweet thing. It means I get a day or two off...but it also means that when he does send it, he will is going to send 2 or 3 days worth of work at one time. That is what happened yesterday...so I have about 3 hours of typing to do this morning and I am hoping to get it completed before the kiddos wake up. In the little fantasy land that I live in in my mind, I am also hoping to get 30 minutes in on the treadmill before they wake up too...but that would require them sleeping until about 9:30 which probably won't happen. I can always do the treadmill after they are up...but then it's more like an obstacle course because they try to run on it with me and I end up hopping over this one and kicking that one. It's no fun.
By the way, I should mention that I went to the doctor for my yearly girly visit on Monday and to my delight...their scale says I weight almost 6 pounds less than my scale at home says!!! According to their records, I am only up 3 pounds from last summer. What a nice surprise! (I was thinking I was up by about 10 pounds). Anyway, I realize that I shouldn't throw a party just yet...since really...my goal was to have LOST weight by this year, not gained! So...I am doubling up my efforts and going back to what worked for me so well when I first started losing my weight..which is 30 min on the treadmill every day except for the days I go to the gym for aerobics classes and limiting my calories to approx. 1200 a day. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this works for me...I just have to do it and not cheat. Isn't it crazy that I can cheat on my own self? It's like the bad me trys to sneak extra bites past the good me. Like if I eat it real fast before I give the good me a chance to think about it....then it'll be too late and she won't be able to stop me.
Okay, see what getting up during the 5 o'clock hour does to me. I have now split myself into two people and am talking about them as though they are seperate people. Coo-Coo! (hear a coo-coo clock sound)
Okay...I am off to work before I get any weirder this morning. Wish me lucky and speedy fast fingers...!! :o)

3 comments:

KC said...

I was cracking up laughing while reading this e-mail! You are such a hoot! :)
Love ya Jen!

Amy said...

Reason number 9,773,948,745 we are friends: I totally can relate to this post! Well EVERY post really. Are you SURE we're not related?! :) This is totally how my brain thinks most days. I find myself thinking the strangest things and somehow I stop and go "Did I really just think that?" Please tell me this goes away once the baby is born and that it will only return when I'm sleep-deprived???
Amy
P.S. I know all about the side-effects of getting up at 5am. I get up at 5:15 Monday thru Friday and it is NO fun!

Logzie said...

I absolutely LOVE getting up early. This is completely new to me. I so did not used to be this way. But I feel like I am getting a jump on my day by being up before everyone else. I have a much better attitude when the kids wake up because I have already gotten my shower and MY TIME so I am able to GIVE to them and happy to do it too instead of just waking up and being crabby. Maybe you will enjoy it too and keep doing it also... :0)