II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mow, Mow, Mow the Lawn...

So...today I set out to mow (on our riding mower) the acre that is our yard as well as as much as I could stand to do of the field that is between ours and my parents house. In all, there are probably about 3-4 acres to be mowed...but that's quite a lot for one time...so anyway...while I was out mowing and the kids were supposed to be laying on the couch having "quiet time" watching a movie..Grant came walking out to me. I scooted up on the seat of the mower as much as I could and let him sit behind me, his back against the seat back and his chest against my back. So, we are going along just fine. I notice that his head is hitting my back every so often but didn't really think much about it because the field is pretty bumpy and it'd be hard for it not to bob around...BUT...then as I rounded a corner...he nearly fell off! He'd fallen asleep there wedged behind me and when I turned the sharp corner, I felt his body start falling out!!! THANK GOD I had quick reflexes and grabbed him before a catastrophe could have happened. I can't even allow my mind to go there...if he'd fallen off as I was turning...you can picture if if you want...but it turns my stomach to even think...
SO...I stopped the mower and took him inside and layed him down on the couch...and he woke right up. So I got him all comfy with his blankie and a sippy cup of chocolate milk and went back out to mow. But, no sooner did I get back out there and get going again before he was back out wanting to get back on with me. So, this time I put him on my lap in front and we got moving again. Then the next thing I knew...there he went again...sliding off to the side!! He'd fallen asleep again. This time I straightened him back up centered in the middle of my chest and for the next HOUR !! I mowed with one hand holding his head to me and the other hand steering! Whew! By the time I quit, my shoulders were burning in pain! One from holding his head/my arm very awkwardly for a straight hour and the other one because I'd been trying to steer a fast-moving, bumpy riding mower for a hour! I guess it was the loud motor and bumpiness that put him to sleep or something. So weird. Anyway, I just thought that was a funny story. I wish I'd had someone to take a picture because I am sure that was a sight! I wondered if the people driving by noticed. His hands/arms and legs were just hanging limp bouncing all around while I held his head still. Ha ha. The crazy things kids do!

2 comments:

KC said...

Grant and Seth are SO Much Alike!!! Seth does this to. He wants to ride on the mower with me, and it puts him to sleep everytime!
He also does this when we go out on the boat, skiing and tubeing. The hum of the motor puts him to sleep everytime. :)

Logzie said...

Too stinkin cute!!!! :0)