II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thrifty Thursday


Taking the idea of a Thrifty Thursday post from Amos and Logzie...I am posting my tip for this Thursday. Yes, I realize it is only Wednesday...but hey..I have to blog when I can and who knows if I'll get time tomorrow.

So...here is my tip. Get 1 pedicure this summer..then pamper yourself the rest of the season.

You all know I got a pedicure about a month ago. I wasn't that impressed with it...but they did clean up my toes very nicely and smooth out my heels and any rough spots. Well, the polish started getting old so I took it off and went to a different place yesterday to see how much they'd charge to just do a french manicure paint-job on my toes and hands. $10 each!! so it would have cost me $20 JUST to get them painted. Plus, Brooklyn wanted hers done and that would've been $5 for each of hers...so in all, it would have cost us $30. Instead, I went to Wal-Mart and bought cheap white polish for a buck, good Sally Hansen top/base coat polish for $4, a really nice 7-sided file for $3 and some really cute rhinestone nail decals for $3 and did them myself. I think they turned out pretty cute and I only spent $11 total and I can do it the rest of the summer for free. Here's what they turned out looking like. Not too shabby! Below are my toes and fingernails..above are Brooklyns.

3 comments:

Amos said...

Hey, cute flip flop tan! Just like mine! haha. What a great job you did, I will be right over for you to do my nails. Oh yeah, I don't have any, I just chopped them all off. Well a thought anyway!

KC said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Good Job Jen!

Logzie said...

Sah..weet!!!

I love it! I wish I had the patience to do my own! I so need a pedicure.

Thanks for participating in the Thrify Thursday...that was fun. Terri did one too so hopefully this will catch on and we can all get some great ideas! :0)