II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Normal


Amos had an intresting post the other day with some comments about what it means to be "normal." Then today I read an article in Reader's Digest along those same lines. It talked about peoples quirkiness--some people like to twirl their hair, count everything, can't throw anything away and even one lady who apologizes to the spoons in the silverware drawer that she doesn't pick and tells them "Sorry guys. Maybe next time." (I cracked up on that one-Ha Ha! I couldn't help but think about Logziella and when she said she gets all giddy and giggly when she thinks to use a plastic spoon for Ella's feedings instead of the infant spoons! ha ha) Anyway...I thought it would be fun to see what funky, quirky little things we all do. So, leave me a comment and tell me what makes you "abnormal."
By the way, I've come to the conclusion that:

4 comments:

Amos said...

Ok, this came to mind when I read this, but it's not my quirk. I will probably think of something as I go back to bed at 3 a.m.

A pastor friend we had at Rhema goes into his closet every Sunday and asks his clothes, "Ok, who wants to go with me today". I can't remember the complete analogy he gave but I thought it was cute.

Logzie said...

Quirks!...I don't have ANY quirks!




HA...completely kidding, but seriously, they have become such a part of my life that I can't think of them right now. I'll ponder this and get back to you. :0)

tori said...

quirks? i have some, but now that i start thinking about them i kinda sound a bit OBC...
one of the things that i tend to freak about is when my bed is made i cannot stand someone to come in and sit down on it.

another thing that i do and have done since i was a little girl is whenmark and i are sitting together i will have my hand on his knee and i will kind of pinch the wrinkles in his pants. wierd huh? my daughter kind of does the same thing too except it is when she is sleepy and you are holding her she pinches your arm.
hmmm i am sure i will think of some more.

Amos said...

Ok, Tori made me think of a quirk. It dates back to being a baby almost. I had a blankie for WAY too long in my life, no mention of how long here. But it had the silk edge with sewing around the edge which was kinda scratchy. So anything that has some sort of tag that is scratchy I tend to rub my fingers on it. The worst part is I don't even conciously realize it most time. Like Ryan's Bear he carries around, it has a tag and I run it between my fingers. Goofy I know but just ingrained in me since a baby.

I also agree with Tori, I don't like it if my bed gets messed up after making it. It is the one room in the house that is solely for my hubby and me and I like it straight. Also, when I clean out my refrigerator, i have to open the door like 50 times after that to look at how nice and clean it is! Anal!