II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finally somebody wrote a song about me!

Ha Ha. Last night I had the TV on country music and this song came on. It caught my attention and now that I read the lyrics...I REALLY like it. Here is part of it:
It's called "Tough" by Craig Morgan

She’s in the kitchen at the crack of dawn
Bacon’s on, coffee’s strong
Kids running wild, taking off their clothes
If she’s a nervous wreck, well it never shows
Takes one to football and one to dance
Hits the Y for aerobics class
Drops by the bank, stops at the store
Has on a smile when I walk through the door
The last to go to bed, she’ll be the first one up
And I thought I was tough

She’s strong, pushes on, can’t slow her down
She can take anything life dishes out
There was a time Back before she was mine
When I thought I was tough.

She's a gentle word, the sweetest kiss
A velvet touch against my skin
I’ve seen her cry, I’ve seen her break
But in my eyes, she’ll always be strong
There was a time Back before she was mine
When I thought I was tough

I don't know why I have such an obsession with being "tough" but it's the way I am. Probably the worst insult a person could give me would be to say I am lazy. Don't get me wrong, I like to get frilly and fancied up just like any girl...but nothing beats hard, physical work! Ha Ha. It's completely exhilirating and empowering to me.
Anyway...just thought I'd share these lyrics with you all. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Logzie said...

Ah...I like that song!!!! I have never actually heard it before but I love the lyrics!

Thanks for sharing!

Love ya!

KC said...

I heard this song on the radio last week and fell in love with it. I loved the words. It just made everything we do everday seem worth it, ya know? Like someone actually sees and appreciates everything we do. It is one of my new favorites!

Stephen's new fav is "I'd like to check you for ticks!" haha Men?! :) It just brings back memories of our first camping trip after we got married. We went camping on Blue River in Oklahoma, in a tent. When we got home, Stephen found a tick on my neck. It was in deep, and it hurt when he finally got it pulled off. But then I had to strip down and he had to check, to make sure I didn't have anymore, anywhere else. ;) haha Hard to believe that was 10 years ago!

Amos said...

Wow, those lyrics really do fit you. You are a great wife and mother! And one tough cookie too!