II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Flushed Away

While we were sitting at the bar having lunch today, Grant said, "Joey is taking a nap." As soon as he said it, I knew. I had seen him struggling for breath just this morning and thought I should probably change his water...but no. I didn't do it and now our poor, helpless little fishy has died and been "flushed away." This kind of thing is a major deal for kids you know. As a matter of fact, for the past 2 weeks or so...the big thing at our house is who gets to sit by Joey while we eat. His fishbowl is at the end of the bar and so the kids would fight and argue over who gets to sit in the end barstool and be closest to Joey. I guess I won't have to hear that anymore at least. Anyway, this is Grant's first time dealing with death in any sort of way and he's taking it like a (little) man. At first he insisted that he was just sleeping, but once I gathered him up in the little net and lifted him out of the bowl for him see...he understood that he wasn't going to wake up. We flushed him and now we are all focused on what color the next fish should be. That was easier than I expected. Ha! Well, anyway, good bye Joey. You were a good fishy. Next time I see our pet fish struggling to find a bit of oxygen in the nasty fish bowl that he has been left in for a week since we were out of town...I will change the water right away! I've learned my lesson. Farewell little friend. <><

0 comments: