II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Since my baby left me....

Wow! A lot of things have happened since I last wrote. First and foremost, my sweet baby girl has left me for a week to go stay with her great-grandma and I am missing her SO much! I know she's having a blast and getting some much needed undivided attention and for that I am very grateful, but it is just so weird (and quiet) not having her around here! Last Thursday, my parents closed on their new house and began moving in. Then on Friday, we all packed and traveled south 3 hours to where Matt's little sister, Tara and her fiance, Larry, were getting married. I was a bridesmaid and Matt was an usher so we went Friday for the rehersal and then Saturday evening was the wedding. Everything turned out perfectly and beautifully. They are such a great couple and we look forward to lots of fun times together! Brooklyn decided to stay there with Matt's mamaw and then his brother, Cale will bring her home on Thursday. I have decided to try to get as much done in these next 3 days as humanly possible. My house needs a complete overhaul in the cleaning and organization department. Since my parents have lived with us, I've just kinda maintenance-cleaned...but now it's time to do some real work! I am also excited about getting my guest room all set up now. I think I am going to do it in mostly black and white with a shabby chic kind of theme. I'll probably throw some floral and gingham in here and there to give it a punch of color. I am hoping tomorrow to go looking for the perfect comforter and curtains. I think I'll start my search at Target because I can always find stuff I love there. Anyhow, speaking of guest-rooms, that gets me to thinking about the hotel we stayed at this weekend. I wish they'd had a comment box because I sure would have liked to give them a little piece of my mind. First of all, it's ridiculous how much these little no-name hotels charge....$89/night + taxes!! There are only 3 hotels in the town that are even decent and all 3 of them are at least this expensive. I know you might be thinking that doesn't sound like THAT much...and it wouldn't be if they were Ramada's or LaQuinta's or something..but these are little locally owned places. Then on top of it all, once we got into our room we called some of Matt's family to come over and swim in the pool with us--only to find out they'd just closed it because it had broken glass inside. UGH! So we head back to the room and settled in for the night. Then in the wee hours of the morning, we hear this long, horrible noise. It just keeps on and keeps on and finally it BARKS! Yes, that is right...there was a dog in the room next to ours that apparently had been left alone by its owner and was howling and barking its head off. This went on for nearly 2 hours when I finally got up and called the front desk to make them aware---which they ALREADY were! When I noticed the person staying in that room was coming back, I peeked out to see if I could actually see the dog and found out that it was an enormous pit bull! That's just CRAZY! Then Matt decided to take a shower and found a roach in the bathtub. ICK! I mean, that is just ridiculous...to pay $200 bucks to stay in a hotel and have to deal with all that. But, there wasn't anywhere else to go either...so we just have to deal with it (every time).
Okay, anyway, enough of all that...I hate it when I get to whining on here. Hopefully I don't whine that much when I am talking to people face to face! Well, I think I'll head to bed. Maybe if I hurry, I can catch my hubby still awake! Hope you have a great week!

0 comments: