II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Morning Mayhem...

This morning I awoke at 6:20 a.m. to fix my darling husband breakfast and lunch and then sent him off to work at around 6:45. I washed the dishes and then retreated to my office to start on my work for the day. Just as I sat down, a familiar pain shot through my side and back. "OH NO!" I thought....I recognized that pain as kidney stone pain!! I have had only 1 kidney stone before but I guarantee you it made a lasting impression on me as the most painful experience I have endured. I began thinking through my day and how I was going to deal with this if it was actually indeed a kidney stone. For 2 hours, I sat at my computer working and assessing whether or not the pain was getting worse. It seemed to be pretty constant but not worsening. I decided to get up and eat some cereal and rest on the couch for a minute. Thankfully, it vanished and I have felt fine the rest of the day. Who knows what it was. All I know is I am so grateful it went away. Anyway, after that I decided to make the kids sausage and pancakes for breakfast. I started frying the sausage and realized that I didn't have any pancake mix. Called mom, she had some so Brooklyn was going to ride her bike down there and get it for me. She got about half way when she decided it was too hard to ride her bike in the sand and walked back home. I ended up loading up both of the kids and the dog in the car and driving down there to get it. You think...not that big of a deal, but my kids throw a FIT when they see their grandma and don't get to stay at her house. (see 'kids crying'-previous post) So, I got back home and mixed the water with the mix and realized I put a cup instead of 3/4 cup so now I had pancake soup instead. I decided to add some flour and a little sugar/cinnamon to thicken it up. And that is when I dropped the whole shaker full of sugar/cinnamon all over my kitchen floor. UGH! Anyway, after about an hour in the makings, they got to eat their breakfast. (or would that be brunch seeing as how it was almost noon!) Finally, I finished cleaning my kitchen (for the 2nd time today) and things were back to normal. So anyhow, sorry..that story was long and probably boring and I would delete it except that I just spent 20 minutes or so typing it out, so it's staying. ha ha.... Bye for now!!


Amos said...

Ok, that shouldn't be funny but since it actually happens to someone else too I had to laugh. You are seriously going to write a book someday!!! I would've given up at the spill and headed to McDonald's, but then again they would've been serving lunch by then!