II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Sibling Rivalry-Chapter 1

Oh My Gosh! I knew it was coming...but I didn't realize how soon! Grant hasn't even turned two yet and already he and his sister are warring about anything and everything. Any object or affection that Brooklyn has is the thing he wants the most, and anything Grant has is an opportunity for her to torture him by pretending to take it away. She rarely wants the thing he has, but it is oh-so-fun to try to take it away and hear his shrill screams! In the meantime, I am about to FAH-REEK out from all the screaming. Nothing is more frustrating to hear for hours on end than that, I don't think...not even fingernails on a chalkboard. It grates at my nerves and by afternoon, I am usually down to my last one. The sad thing about all this is that I know this is only the beginning. Many parents would say the real battles haven't even begun yet, and I know they're probably right. At least both of my kids are strong and healthy and will probably be good, equal opponents for one another. ha ha
Anyway, in other daily-boring-news, Matt has spent the morning putting together his new Craftsman table-saw while I cleaned out our garage and the kids played outside. I just put Grant down for his nap and now I am looking forward to an afternoon of lounging in the sun, sipping a cool strawberry daquiri and listening to soft music on the radio........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It won't last real long...probably only an hour, but that'll work. I will feel so much better after some "down" time. Plus, Brooklyn likes to "lay-out" with me and play in the pool so it's good for both of us. Here's hopin' your Saturday afternoon is filled with as much fun as mine!

1 comments:

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Hi! thanks for stopping by my blog. I came to check yours out, too.

I am not sure if it is me or on your end, but your background image where your posts are (the light tan parchment looking one) isn't loading completely. I don't know why, or if it is the video that has it wonky, but I kept trying and it would just end. Thanks Blogger.

Wouldn't be a problem, except I can't read the posts on the brown background. :(

I will bookmark you and check back later.