II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday Morning Madness

Why mom's shouldn't go shopping with their kids:
This morning mom and I dropped Brooklyn off at school. Then we decided to run back to Gordman's (where we got such good deals the other day) and look around some more. I immediately knew it was going to be a fight keeping Grant in the cart, as he didn't even want to get in it to begin with. As I suspected, we gave in to his cries and a few minutes into the trip, and he was out running around. Oh and when we were walking into the store, I was holding Grant in my arms, and before I could get all the way into the store, the door slammed shut cutting the back of my heel. Almost right away, blood started dripping down my foot. Anyway, Grant found a small, hot pink Barbie rolling suitcase and seemed content to roll that all around the store while we tried to look. At about that time, I felt that Mother Nature was paying me a visit and I needed to use the restroom. I told mom I'd just take Grant with me so she could actually shop in peace for a few minutes and off we headed to the bathroom at the back of the store. Well, the "madness" began when I tried to take the suitcase out of his hand (no unpurchased merchandise in the bathrooms allowed). So, I finally wrestled it free and headed into the handicapped stall at the end of the room thinking that since it's bigger--maybe he'll be happy to run around and play while I do my business. Yah right! First off, my white capri pants got blood all over them from the cut on my leg...then, right about the time I sat down...Grant decided to open the stall door and go out!!! So there I am sitting there on the pot with the door wide open! Then to my horror, he opens the bathroom door and out he goes!!! (You BETTER not be laughing right now!) I am petrified and don't know exactly what to do. As it turned out, Ms. Monthly-Mother-Nature had come to see me, and I had left my purse in the cart with mom so I had no "supplies". In addition to that, I was sitting on the toilet with my pants down where I felt like I was on display for anyone to see...AND wearing white capri pants...AND my 22 month old son was out roaming around the store with no adult supervision! AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Thank goodness, a guy had come out of the men's bathroom during that time and had grabbed Grant and held on to him for me. When I finally got out of the bathroom, he told me he figured that was what had happened when he saw him come out of the ladies room by himself. Boy was my face RED!!!
Anyway, I hope that "horror story" makes your Monday seem a lot better! ha ha Tonight mom and I are leaving Grant home with the men and we are picking up one of Brooklyn's friends and taking them to the movies for a Girl's Night Out. We are going to see the new Shaggy Dog. So that should be fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaaaa Girl, I am sorry, but I can't quit laughing!!!! hahaa I am about to fall out of my chair!!! hahahaaaa
I am just glad that I am not alone. That sounds exactly like something that would happen to me!!!! :)
Love ya girl,
Kandy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh we could be sisters!!!! Easton does the same to me all the time. The only difference is mine is older and should know better! Hope the movie was good!

C,L,J, Abbie and Sophie said...

Sorry Jen that was funny and I laughed! LOL! Kids are so much fun huh! They say and do the funniest things! Can't wait to see you guys! Love ya'll!