II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What am I doing up at 4 am?

Hi guys! It is 4 am and I am up typing a post because I can't sleep for some reason. Well, it's probably because I took some energy/weight loss pill yesterday and it's still got me "goin'". Plus, I have the sore throat from hell. I know that sounds bad...but literally...my throat feels like it is on FIRE! I guess I am gonna have to break down and go see a doctor tomorrow. I promised myself last time I saw a doctor that I wouldn't go again unless I was about to die. It seems like all they ever do is tell me I have some little virus and to just take some Tylenol or cold meds or whatever. Ugh! I mean, not that I want them to prescribe something that is unnecessary but it's just frustrating to spend all that time and shell out a co-pay just to be sent home in the same situation I started out in. That is the whole point in going to the doctor...because home remedies aren't working. Like, the last time I took the kids to the doctor (a few weeks ago) they both had thick, green boogers and their eyes were all swollen, pink and draining. (I'm talking sealed shut in the mornings kind of draining.) Plus, they both had a cough. Anyway, all we ended up getting was a prescription for some eyedrops...which helped their eyes some...but by the end of that week, they were both SICK (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, fever..etc.) Plus, to top it all off, I caught the eye stuff too so it looked like I was doing drugs or something...the whites of my eyes were all pink and my eyelids were swollen. It was so gross. I had to get up several times throughout the night to "open" my eyes with a warm washcloth. Nasty!! How did I get off on all that? Oh yah, it was because of my sore throat. Well, anyway, I didn't intend to go there with this post....but hey, at 4 am...you just gotta go with it. So, changing the subject, I didn't get to go out to the homesite today...but I hear they got all our heating/air work done! Now we are just waiting on insulation and then they can begin sheetrocking. It will be exciting to see the inside of the house take shape. Right now it just looks like a maze of 2x4's. It seems like there isn't that much left to be done...just sheetrock, paint & texture, cabinets & countertops, carpet & tile. How long could that take? Hopefully not longer than a month and a half...because that will put us just a week or two before Christmas which would be a really nice time to move in (or anytime before that would work too)! By the way, Amy, if you are reading this...is the punctuation at the end of a sentence like the one prior to this one supposed to go inside or outside of the parenthesis? I can never remember that. Well, I've rambled long enough---but hey, that is the sub-title of this blog---so I have a right. But I will end for now and ramble more to you later. I'm gonna attempt to go back to sleep. If that doesn't work...maybe I'll wake up my hubby for a little middle-of-the-night fun! Wow...did I just say that? I must be tired! Okay, so goodnight...well, actually good morning but then that doesn't sound right since I am going to sleep...how about just "bye"!

0 comments: