II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hellllllllllllllpppppp!!!

There will be a reward for the first person who can tell me how to keep a one and a half year old in his crib...!!!???? This is SO not cool! It was cute at first...when he came walking out of his room all by himself...but today, after trying to get him to take a nap for 4, yes I said FOUR hours, I gave up. I actually went to Babies-R-Us today in search of a crib-tent thing to keep him "locked" in. I found what I was looking for but they are $69.99 and I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a little flexible mosquito net thing. I can't be the only parent to have a mini-monkey for a kid...surely there is someone out there who knows the secret...??? The only alternatives that I see are taking his crib apart and making it into a toddler bed (which will enable him to get out even easier...but will also prevent him from falling 4 feet from the top of the crib rail to the floor)-or I could break down and spend the 70 bucks to get the tent thing. Anyway, if any of you have any advice for me...I could sure use it! Goodnight!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,
We have had Seth in a Toddler bed for a couple of months now, and he is doing great with it.
I take him in there and read him a story or two and he usually falls asleep while I am reading. If not, then after I am done he puts his hands together and wants to pray, so I say a prayer with him and kiss him goodnight and he closes his eyes for his nap.
I think it helps that he sees his big brother do this too.
But I will warn you, at first he would get up and come to my room in the middle of the night. But I would take him back. then he is a very wild sleeper and kept falling out of bed, so we had to buy a bed rail to put on one side.
Talk to you soon,
Kandy