II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What a STINKER!

I was all set to write a post on here bragging about how my son who is 2 yrs. and 4 mths. is almost completely potty trained already when he did THIS! (see above picture). Gross, I know! Still, I am pretty proud of how he has been doing in this department. He started pre-school last month and the requirement was that he be potty trained (or at least not wearing diapers). I was very leery of enrolling him in the school since at that time, he had JUST turned 2 and hadn't even started to begin to potty train. However, over the next month or two, I started putting him in underwear every so often while running around the house at home. Then the big day came and he started school. I put him in his cute little Elmo underwear and sent him off. Much to my surprise, NO ACCIDENTS! In almost 7 weeks of school, he's only had 1 accident! WOW! The only time we put him in diapers at ALL anymore is when we are putting him to bed. For a while he was holding his poopoo until we put a diaper on him and then letting it all out...but here recently he's actually been going poopoo in the potty too! WOOHOO!! I'm not sure exactly what happened today. He was outside playing (wearing only underwear) when he came to the door with this really solemn look on his face. I knew right away he'd had an accident. But when I saw the huge lump in his undies, I couldn't resist taking a picture. I know he'll HATE me for it someday...but until then...I just have to giggle! Now I can add this picture to the one of him sitting in the bathroom floor surrounded by pads and tampons and a tampon (brand-new of course) in his mouth and I should have some GOOD blackmail for those turbulent teenage years! ha ha
Anyway, sorry for such a "stinky" post...but hey...when you're a mom...those things hardly phase you anymore. (Though I have to admit, I don't think I'll ever get used to having to wash out poopy-underwear---dipping them up and down, up and down in the toilet until they are clean enough to put in the washer!) okay..I am grossing myself out now...sorry ya'll!

1 comments:

Logzie said...

Call me crazy...but I always just threw the underwear away when that happened. I have my limitations and being that I do this "job" for no pay...I felt that I was entitled to that benefit. :-)

P.S.-I am SO glad your headache is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!