II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Now for your 10 o'clock news...

Whew! It seems like its been a loooooong time since I've actually "blogged." Maybe because nothing REAL exciting has been happening or maybe because I've been too busy to actually sit down for the past couple of weeks...?! Anyway, this is what's new around here.

The upstairs is nearly completed and it looks awesome--better than I even expected. We have actually gotten the go-ahead to start moving stuff in now, but I haven't actually bought anything yet. We do have a couch to move up there thanks to my brother and sister-in-law. We lucked out and they decided to buy new furniture so they gave us their "old" (but in perfect condition) leather couch that has recliners in both ends. They also gave us 2 leather recliners but we are using those downstairs and will probably just keep them there. I have NO idea how in the world we are going to get that couch up the stairs though! It is VERY heavy and awkward. As for the "bookshelf/storage unit" thing that I am getting for up there...I still haven't made up my mind. Right now I am trying to decide between that creativity center one that I posted the picture of (which is from Pottery Barn Kids) or something I found at a local furniture store. I LOVE the one from Pottery Barn, but it's pretty expensive and then I would want to buy all the little storage boxes that go in it and they are $22/each. (I need 14 of them!!) The other one from the furniture store is black. It's actually peices from a bedroom set It's an armoir and 2 bookshelves just put together. It would look a lot like the picture I posted of the red shelving but be black instead. I know it's not as kid-sy as the creativity one...but it is very pretty and I know it would serve the same purpose and look good up there and it's about $500 less than the other one. Why do I have SUCH a hard time making decisions? (probably because it runs in my family).

In other news, my dad is leaving for California tomorrow!! For those of you who don't know...Matt and my dad and my brother all do the same kind of work, which is they are all lineman for PSO/AEP. Most people have no idea what a lineman is...but they are the guys who climb up the electric poles and fix the lines when your power goes out. They also do lots of rebuilding of old lines and also new construction. Anyway, right now there is a huge demand for lineman in California and they are making top dollar. It's good enough of a deal that my brother and my dad quit their (very good) jobs here and decided to go there for a year! My brother has already been gone a few weeks and my dad is leaving in the morning. Of course, all of this has got Matt and I thinking about it too. It would be unbelievably hard to be away from him for that length of time...but he would make enough money just over that period of time to pay off all our debt with the exception of our house...!! He would be making approximately double to triple what he makes now! Of course it is enticing...but we're not sure it's worth being apart for that long--Especially for the kids. If it were just the two of us, we could tough it out, or I could just go along...but I can't imagine the kids being away from their daddy for a year!

Now onto the next subject...tomorrow Grant will be riding in our town's fall festival parade! He has to dress up like a cowboy (which won't be hard since he loves to dress like that anyway). I will be sure to take pictures to share with you all.

Well, I know there were some other things I was planning on talking about on here...but I can't think of them right now..so I guess I'll get off here and try to actually get in bed at a decent hour tonight. I think I've only gotten about 5 hours of sleep for the past 3-4 nights!

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, I'm a terrible blogger/commenter lately! Sorry! In my defense though, I'm not actually on the computer much lately because of lots of crazy eye problems. We even had to move our couch up closer so I could see to watch tv! Weird, I know. It's nothing too serious, just very very annoying and it does change the way I do things. Now I spend hours hanging out w/my hubby instead of hours on the computer. (And that's a good thing!)
Anyway, I didn't want you to think I don't read your blog. I LOVE seeing the pictures you put on here. Your house looks SO beautiful! Maybe some day I can see it in person. :)
Keep on blogging! I love "hearing" what you're up to.
Love and miss you!
Amy
P.S. Tell Matt and the kids I said Hi! Wish I could come hang out w/you like old times.

Logzie said...

I know you didn't ask for my 2 cents but...if Matt will make a ton of money...could you maybe afford to fly you and the kids out there every other weekend? That would be a neat experience for them and you. But...on the other hand...no amount of money is worth being apart! UGH!!!