II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It shouldn't be this hard...

to look this good. Ha ha! But really, I've been thinking lately about how much work it takes to be a woman! It all started when I got out of the shower this afternoon and noticed that my great tan I've been sporting all summer has already almost completely faded away! Wasn't it just last week that I was laying out in the pool in 100+ degree weather? I know I don't tan easily or hold a tan, but for goodness sakes! I've already been on the phone today calling around trying to find a tanning salon in our dinky little town. But, in addition to tanning I also exercise regularly, color/highlight my hair, pluck my eyebrows, shave my legs, put on make-up, fix my hair, paint my nails.....etc. etc. etc. just to look decent! That's just not fair. All Matt has to do to look his best is take a shower, shave and get dressed. Once a month or so, he gets a haircut but that's about it. Men have it way too easy. I mean, if you took both of us (him and me) and put us side by side "au natural" I'd be no match for him. I have to do all that work just to look as good as he does naturally. I wonder how good men would look if they did as much work as we do? ha ha...can you just imagine a man standing in front of the mirror for an hour getting "ready"?
Anyway, I guess I don't HAVE to do all that stuff. I could just get fat and white and hairy and gross myself and everyone else out. ha ha...uh...no thanks. Anyway, I sure hope men appreciate all the work we go through to make them notice us! (although I think half of it is to impress other women too---not in a sexual way...but in a "classy" way). Okay, well, I think I am babbling now. Sorry but I have to sit at my desk for like half an hour every night while Brooklyn falls asleep, so this is what you get. I haven't heard her for a few minutes so maybe she's asleep now. I'm going to bed too! Goodnight!

3 comments:

C,L,J, Abbie and Sophie said...

I know what you mean...Cale thinks I look gorgeous 'all natural' but I know better! I mean why do guys look so good all natural? He just gets up showers, shaves, and fixes his hair and he looks good! I however have to 'be a woman' and do all that we do! WE did get some cuties though...maybe it's just our guys that look so good...LOL!

Amos said...

Ok, if your tan is "gone" or going away then my skin is entirely albino or worse! Girl, you still have a very dark tan and I don't think you need to worry about the tanning bed just yet!

And P.S. about the woman thing. How come our guys can put a hat on backwards (Taboo) and they look great, but then when we do it, they think we look like a nerd. I agree totally.

KC said...

I know what you mean Girlfriend! with Stephen being a cop, he keeps his head shaved anyway...so he doesn't even have to fix his hair! I do have to cut it for him every week though....
He just showers, shaves his face and goes. It is amazing! Even with the scars on his face (from his auto accident), I think he looks more handsome now! I always tell him it just makes him look like an even tough SWAT Cop!(which he is on SWAT by the way).

But me, I color my hair, wear contacts, have to shower and shave, put on moisturizer, makeup, perfume, blowdry and flat iron my hair, get dressed in just the right underclothes for whatever I am planning on wearing...then if I change my mind on what I am wearing I may have to change my bra/panties too...I ALWAYS have to match! haha It is just such a pain to get "ready". But I have learned the beauty of a low poneytail...and minimal makeup lately. It has just been too hot, and all of my makeup melts off anyway so who cares! The easier the better.

Stephen would prefer me to be all natural (natural hair color, no makeup etc.) but I think he is CRAZY! That just goes to prove that LOVE is BLIND! haha :)