II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I don't have an attitude problem; you have a perception problem!

Ha Ha! Isn't that a cute saying? I cut that out of a "Mom's" calander a year or two ago and it's still posted on my desk. Anyway, that has nothing to do with what I am writing about, but I thought it was cute and worth sharing with you all. What I am really writing about is that we are leaving for a little mini-vacation tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday, so this will be the last post you see until probably Monday. I will take lots of pictures though so you can all see what fun we had! We are going to Branson to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday. The party is on Saturday but we decided to go up a few days early so we could fit in a trip to Silver Dollar City, Celebration City and the Dixie Stampede. It will be a busy weekend for sure, but that's the way I like it! ha ha The coolest thing about it is that LOTS of my family will be there that I haven't seen in many, many years so it will be a family reunion sort of too. So anyway, it's 11 pm right now and I've been up trying to finish my work and get the kids stuff packed and laundry washed and house straightened up and dog and fish fed, etc. etc. etc. Matt got called out to work at about 9 pm and he'll probably work all night long...which will mean I will have to drive the whole way to Branson! (Ick!--I like to use long trips to catch up on my reading!) I guess I should look at it in a more positive light--Matt is out earning the money tonight that we will spend during our weekend away...so I should be more than happy to do the driving. There, see--now I feel much better about it.
Oh by the way, another thing, I got my check today from JBF (the consignment sale where I sell my kids clothes that they've outgrown). I was really hoping I'd get enough to buy the craft table from Pottery Barn Kids that I want for them in the play room and guess what? My check was almost the exact amount of the table to the cent! God is just amazing! Now if I can just find a way to make some money to buy the chairs that go with it! hee hee...
Oh and one more thing...they are putting in our hardwood floors tomorrow! YaY! I am so excited. We went and picked out the paint color yesterday. I am a little nervous because we chose a darker color than "normal." It is called Charro...and looks a lot like the color of chocolate milk. We bought a quart of it today and I painted part of one of the walls so we could be sure of how it would look in the room and with the floors and I still like it....so we'll see. It's just that they will be painting the ceiling the same color and I am afraid that might be too much of such a strong color. I guess the worst possible thing is that we don't like it and I end up painting over it. Not the end of the world (especially since I love to paint). Okay, I've rambled enough...time for me to get catch some zzzz's. I will need to be rested up and wide awake for the long drive tomorrow. For those of you who are thinking it's not THAT long of a drive from where I live....believe me...when you have to listen to two screaming, fighting kids most of the way...3-4 hours seems like 10! My kids aren't like everyone elses---they refuse to nap in the car. Even though we have the tv/dvd player, that only holds their interest for about half an hour---then the chaos begins! Good thing Matt is such a sound sleeper! ha ha. He'll probably be snoring away while they are screaming their precious little heads off!
Okay, really...I gotta go to bed! Goodnight!

0 comments: