II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lying to your kids...is it really that bad?

So I just lied to my daughter. Right now-this very moment at 4:15 pm on Wednesday afternoon! But I didn't mean to...

She asked me a question that I was TOTALLY not prepared to answer and I said the first thing that came to my mind.
I wonder how bad this is???
It's like this: Matt took the kids to Walmart the other day to get me a card and a little gift. (MAJOR BROWNIE POINTS BABE!!!!) Apparently he picked out the card but he let the kids sign it too.
The front says "I love spooning with you." and then the inside says "And, well, the forking too."
Okay...so it's cute and corny...no big deal. Except Brooklyn wants to understand everything and I guess Matt wouldn't explain the card to her so this is what she wrote in it.

It says, "Hey mom, I don't get this at all but I love you. Love Brook."

Well today she decided she wants to know what spooning and forking is.

Here was my explanation:

Spooning is where you lay on your side with your knees bent and the other person lays in front of you the same way and you cuddle.

I was hoping that would be good enough...but no...then she wanted to know what forking was.

I said, "well, forking is the opposite. Where you lay on your side with your knees bent and the other person lays on their side facing the opposite direction with their back to you looking at the opposite wall as you are."

She bought it. I feel kinda bad....but golly...what was I supposed to say?

Also in that first picture is a GORGEOUS card that my good friend Amy sent me! She made it. She is such a sweetheart and it came on a day when I really needed a pick-me-up! Thanks Amy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG...that is flippin hilarious!!!

...I would have lied too!

Unknown said...

Crap...that was ME...TERESA!! Sorry!!!

Rock Chef said...

He had the kids sign that card???

OK, put in that position (ha ha), I would have done the same.

Amy said...

Oh, I totally would have said exactly the same thing. And I was commenting to Jason the other night that we definitely need to get a new (NON SQUEAKY) bed because Easton is already at that stage where every noise he hears he says "What's that noise?" and does not rest until he has an answer. I am totally not ready to explain "forking" to my little ones. Thanks for posting this. It totally made me laugh today.

And I'm so happy you like the card! I really enjoyed making it. It was one of those rare days when both kiddos napped at the same time. It's amazing what I can get done on those days. Too bad they're few and far between! :)

Rene' said...

ha ha ha! I don't think I know what forking is either, but I hope I know its not what u told her ;)

Dan and I always get each other perverted cards and we now have to give them to each other privately because T can read. whooops ;)

Tammy said...

That's HILARIOUS! I love what she wrote on the card. And I love her inquisitive little mind. You had to think fast and you did a good job! Let's just hope she doesn't try to explain spooning and forking at school :)

bingo girl said...

Hahaha! Funny! Funny! Your hubby could have picked another card but funny moment like this is priceless. She's still young and you still have the time to prepare when the day comes she'll ask the same question.