II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Inbox slacker

I have so many e-mails in my "inbox" that I need to respond to that I feel overwhelmed. It's not that I'm "so popular" that everyone sends me e-mails...it's that I don't like to write responses to e-mails unless I can really spend time and give it my undivided attention and since I NEVER hardly EVER have that opportunity...they just keep stacking up. Right now I have an important e-mail to answer from just about every single one of my good friends waiting for me in my inbox.
I feel like such a lousy friend for taking so long to write back.
So which is better? A quick, thoughtless response....or waiting a long time but sending a long, thought-out response?
hmmm......
Obviously (but just to be clear) I am not talking about every day e-mails like "what are you bringing to the luncheon on Friday?" I'm talking about deep-subject e-mails that you can't answer with a quick 'yes' or 'no'.

Anyway, if you're one of my friends who is thinking, "she's NEVER going to write me back"...I am so sorry! I promise I haven't forgotten you...I just am waiting for the right time when I can really give you my undivided attention! I love you all and I thank you SO MUCH for being my friends!!
XOXO!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

OH I've been so bad about that too!!! I used to wait until they piled up. I would read them when they came in ... and then write responses when I got around to it. But I've been working on this issue because I know how annoying it is to be waiting for a response from someone. SO, the answer is -- write a quick response back when you get the email. You can always send something else later. Happy emailing!!! :)

Rene' said...

I'm the same way, so i understand, But I look forward to those long, in-depth, thought out ones :)