II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow! What a blur of fun these past 4 days have been! Thursday morning started out by me going to the gym for my last (augh!!) workout before our little “vacation” began. Then it was back home for a quick shower and we were off. Me, my mom, my grandma and Brooklyn were all going to my nephew’s high school graduation 3 hrs. away. But first, we dropped Grant off at my good friend, Amos’s house so he could stay home with daddy that night. (Thank you so much Amy!) He wasn’t too sure what was going on and when daddy came to pick him up after work that day…he was not very happy that us girls had left and went without him.
We got to our hotel in just enough time to get changed and head off to the graduation ceremony. I wondered as we sat there in the muggy, standing-room-only auditorium if ANYone, included the 269 graduates, enjoyed this…!!?? I mean, most of those kids are probably just ready to get out of there…and all of the friends and family, at least everyone I could see, looked bored and were fanning themselves with the graduation program paper. It’s a shame that such a special event has become such a “ritual.” (here's a pic of my nephew, the graduate-Christian with his girlfriend, Lauren who is a model!)Anyhow, after that we went to his graduation party at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was fun. They have a trivia game that the whole restaurant can play by using little hand held buzzers and reading the trivia questions on the over-head TV screens. Very cool.
Friday I did get up and go to the hotel’s fitness room for a 20 minute jog, some push ups and a little bit of weights. Then me and Brooklyn went and checked out the pool. I jumped in where it said 5’ thinking that my head would be above water. But…no, instead I went right under, and since I wasn’t holding my breath or holding my nose---I think I sucked in half the pool. Ewww! Plus, I felt like SUCH a dork! There were lots of people in there and I probably looked like I was about to barf with all the coughing and sputtering I did after that! Ha ha
After that we spent the day hanging with my family and did a little shopping. It was a great, relaxing day. I even managed to fit in one of my P90X videos that afternoon! Woohoo!
MEANWHILE, while I was doing all that, Matt and Grant got up early Friday morning and headed North 2 hours to pick up our new boat! Thankfully, Grant slept the whole way there. As soon as Matt pulled onto the road with the boat, he got a flat tire (on the boat trailer) and had to pull over on the side of the road and change it. (stink!) Once they got home and unloaded the boat and put the cover on it, they loaded up all their stuff and headed 3 hours South to where me and Brook were. He met up with us at my brother’s house and had dinner.
That night we headed over to my MIL’s house to spend the night and I ended up sleeping on the couch because the kids watched Jumangi before bed and were too scared to sleep. I woke up feeling HORRIBLE. Totally sick to my stomach, achy neck, skin felt raw and sore and I had no energy whatsoever. Like seriously, brushing my teeth wore me out. I don’t know what was up, but I dealt with that all day long until it all finally culminated into one miserable moment at Wal-Mart later that day. I made a mad dash for the bathroom and I believe I may have lost a few pounds in there. That afternoon we had lunch at Matt’s grandma’s house and got to visit with her a little. Matt’s little brother was there with his wife too so that was nice. Later that night I was still feeling pretty miserable so Matt and his grandma laid hands on me and prayed for me and almost immediately I started feeling better. By this morning (the next day) I woke up feeling GREAT! Not just “better” but totally terrific and full of energy. I have no idea what the problem was yesterday but I am SO glad it’s over! (Thank you Lord for healing!) Today we went to church with my MIL—which is also the church Matt and I were married at. It was a little weird at first….we haven’t been there in a long time, but it only took a minute to feel like we were back at home with all the people we’ve known (but haven’t seen) in so many years. There is something to be said about small towns, that’s for sure. People are definitely more down to earth and friendly than what we’re used to (for the most part).
Anyhow after church we had lunch with Matt’s mamaw and then we headed to the park for a little party for Grant’s birthday and Jaxon, our nephew’s, birthday. We got a Spiderman cake and some drinks and it was a lot of fun. My kids SURE do love their cousins. I don’t know if being related has anything to do with it or not…but they have more fun with them than any other kids ever. Too bad we live so far away….
Anyhow, that’s what we’ve been up to.
Tomorrow, Memorial Day, we are going to take the new boat out on the lake and test it out. I hope it’s everything we’ve dreamed it would be! Hope you’re having a great long weekend and will take a second to thank God for the soldiers who have given their lives for our freedom.

Here's a pic of Brooklyn--always posing! Here's Jaxon, celebrating #6 and Grant, celebrating #4. Happy Birthday you Big Boys!
Grant, a.k.a. Bible Man!! (new BibleMan mask, cape and sword!)
Buddies! Coco, Brooklyn, Jax and Grant on the slide.
My hunky monkey!
Here's a pic of all the Jones men! Cale, Grant, G.P. Jaxon & Matt.

And here's a pic of all the women in the group. Lindsay, Me, Laura and Mamaw Ruth.
Mr. Jones and me! Like teenagers--so in love we can't keep our hands off each other!
And here's more of the gang! Larry and Tara (matt's little sis), Laura (matt's mom) Matt, me, Brook and Grant.


KC said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! So how was the boat???? :)