II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Judge not...lest you should be judged!

Good morning!
Well, it's 7:28 on Thursday morning and my kids are both still asleep so I thought I'd do a little talking to you all. It is so cold in the house this morning. The thermostat says 68...but when you have "nothin' but a t-shirt on" that's a tad bit on the chilly side. So, I changed into my work out clothes...which turned out to be even less warm (tanktop and shorts) so I threw a sweatshirt on top. Now I look just like those people I make fun of who go out and run in 50 degree weather in long-sleeves and short shorts. I guess that's the way of life...at some point, we probably all turn into "those people we make fun of." I can certainly remember back to the time when I'd see little kids throwing fits in stores or being loud in restaurants and think, "Gosh, my kids will NEVER act like that!" (OOPS!) Or when I couldn't believe mom's would go anywhere in their pajama bottoms...now I think, "why not?" They cover as much as my regular pants and they sure are more comfy. When I was 9 months pregnant with Grant, I actually went to Blockbuster in black & white tiger-striped pajama pants and black furry slippers!!! And don't even get me started on all the ways I have "become my mother." There is this one phrase that she always used to say that BUGGED the heck out of me....It was "same difference". In my mind...that was a complete oxymoron. How can something be the same and different at the same time? It was used in situations like, "Mom should I wear the black shoes or brown shoes with this outfit?" Her reply..."same difference". Honestly, I am still not 100% sure I understand it's meaning..but I have to admit..I have heard it come out of my mouth a time or two since I've been a mom.
Anyway, in synopsis of this blog entry...I will sum up my point in one direct sentence. "Don't be too quick to judge another...if you don't watch out...you'll become your mother!"

0 comments: