II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Countdown to Christmas!

Okay guys, I know Thanksgiving isn't even here yet and I am already talking about Christmas...but it is only 50 days away!! Yep, that's right..50 days..which leaves only 7 more Saturday's to shop before the big day! Kinda scary, huh? It's like you celebrate Independence Day and then there is this big lull in the holiday world. All of a sudden Halloween comes around and in the blink of an eye, Thanksgiving is approaching and Christmas is right around the corner! Most of you probably know this but for those of you who don't...I am a Christmas-aholic. I LOVE Christmas and all that it stands for and all the chaos that comes with it. I LOVE having 30 people to shop for and being able to spend money and not feel guilty about it. I LOVE dressing up and going to Christmas parties and family gatherings. I LOVE dragging out all those decorations and putting up the tree. I LOVE wrapping presents and fancifying them with ribbons and bows. I LOVE the sweet sound of Christmas carols and apple cider brewing. Ahhhh...just thinking about it all makes my heart beat a little faster and I can feel my excitement for the season coming out of hibernation. I've never been able to understand those who see all these things as a big annual hassle. All I can figure is they must lead pretty unhappy lives to not even get excited about celebrating the birth of our Savior!
Well, in light of the big day quickly approaching, I thought I would post my Christmas list now so you can all get a jump-start on my presents! ha ha So here it goes:
1" thick square wooden cutting board from Bed, Bath & Beyond
Bath and Body Work's Crisp Apple wallflowers
Nicole Mullin "Everyday People" CD
Cute jammies
Knife set in a wooden block
Cute salt and pepper shakers (there are some really cute crystal rooster ones with silver lids at the Toyota dealer, honey)
3 bar stools from Mathis Brothers ($60 each)
Stainless Steel cleaning cloth (Bed, Bath & Beyond)
New pair of cute tennis shoes (for aerobics)

Okay...so that's it for now! I am posting this in hopes that my hubby will read it and get clued-in on what he should get me. Of course, there is a list right on the fridge...but he'll probably never even notice it!
Now, I know I may sound greedy and spoiled telling the whole world my Christmas list...but here is where I fix that...I want everyone reading this (EVERYONE) to write me a comment and tell me at least one thing on your Christmas wish list. You never know...Santa could read this too and then you might just get what you wish for!
Happy Holidays Everyone!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What's on my Christmas list?
1. A plane ticket home!
2. Diamond earrings from my honey.
3. A million dollars.

Well, OK. How about a more realistic one...how about
4. Barstools for the kitchen. (Good idea, Jenni! We need those too!)
5. A Lowe's gift card so we can buy paint for our house! We've only done one room in the entire house and it looks funny like that!

Oh, you did just ask for one thing didn't you? Guess I got a little carried away! Ha!ha!

Thanks for getting me into the holiday spirit, my friend!
Love and miss you! Wish we could do our Christmas shopping together like we did last year. That was SO much fun!
:) AmyE

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! I hope you get everything on your list, and yes I feel the same way about christmas. One of the things I would like is a dvd
a star is born with barbara striesand or funny girl. I really like her movies. anyway thats what I want. I love you all Aunt Peggy

Anonymous said...

I want good health and happiness for all of my family and friends!
Love ya,
Joy

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
You aren't the only one that loves all those things. One thing I would really like is the nativity part to my nativity from Willow Tree. I have the animals and the three kings and the shephard and the stars, BUT, I'm missing the baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph. You think that my hubby and family would've figured I would've liked that first?!? Well why reason with them, I think I'll just go buy it for myself. What fun is getting the nativity on Christmas day so you can pack it up a week later. Oh well.
From the other Amy with Logan who LOVES red haired Brooklyn