II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Friday, November 11, 2005

It's beautiful outside...so why do I feel so crummy inside?

Fighting with your spouse SUX! It's ridiculous the silly, stupid things married people fight about. Who forgot to feed the dog? Who spends more money? Who spends more time with the kids--or rather doesn't spend enough time with the kids? Who sleeps too much? Who spends too much time on the computer? Who spends too much time in front of the TV? UGH! None of these things are worth fighting over...yet we do it everyday. We are so considerate of other peoples feelings....as long as they aren't related to us. But when it comes to our family..boy you better just watch out cuz there's no holdin' back! WHY, why, WHY do we do that? These are the people who we are going to spend the rest of our lives living with...common sense tells us to treat them with the utmost of respect and consideration. Where is our common sense? I think it went right out the window with unconditional love. Here is a quote I so deeply love and yet fail to remember a lot of the time, "A good marriage is not so much finding the right person, as being the right person." I am no Dr. Phil...but I think we could all benefit from pointing the finger at ourselves more often instead of at our spouse and what they could/should be doing differently. It's worth a try anyway...Be the kind of person you wish to be married to...and maybe you'll get your wish!
(By the way...I am talking to myself here...so don't think I'm telling you guys what to do!)

0 comments: