II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, January 30, 2006

How do I love thee?....let me count the ways

As you all probably know, Valentines Day is a mere 2 weeks away (from tomorrow) and I thought I would see if anyone could offer any suggestions of what I could get my hubby...??? I usually give him what I wish he'd give me (an elaborate candlelit dinner, bubble bath and so on....) and while I am sure he appreciates it..I don't think that is his cup-of-tea so to speak. Last year I planned this whole big "event" that I completely ruined. See, I hate to admit it, but I suppose I can be a bit of a perfectionist at times...and I had found this adorable pair of undies that I wanted to wear on Valentines Day...however, the big dilemma was that I couldn't find a bra to match. So...I spent from about 1 pm till about 6 pm on Valentines Day driving all over this huge town looking for the "perfect" bra. By 6 pm, I was almost in tears because I still hadn't found "it" and Matt was already at home waiting on dinner--that I hadn't even began cooking yet. Mom had been keeping the kids for me all day (and was supposed to keep them overnight) but called and said she might as well bring Grant home since he was almost ready for bed. I was so bummed out that if it weren't for my sweet, tolerant husband...the day would have been completely ruined...but he eventually cheered me up and we ate a late dinner of pink and red heart shaped pasta, chicken and salad.
Anyway, I didn't intend to tell that whole story...but now you know. So, rather than have a repeat performance of something like that..I am trying to just think of a gift I can buy. So...I am open to any suggestions any of you might have...
And if for some odd reason my sweetheart reads this....all I want for Valentines is for you to take me on an elaborate date that you planned out all by yourself! (that's not asking for too much, is it?)

1 comments:

Amy said...

Jenni,
I saw something that immediately made me think of you! I was shopping at Target and they have a really cute gift idea. (Made even cuter because of its name.)
You know the Jones sodas they have? Well they've come out with a set of 2 Jones sodas that are Love Potion flavor that you get with a cd and some chapstick for $9.99. I thought that was a unique alternative to getting someone some chocolates or something.
Oh yeah and they also had some chocolate body frosting too for $3.99. I was shocked to see that at Target right across the aisle from the kiddies valentines, but I guess it was a big seller because there wasn't very much left on the shelf. (I didn't get any of it. Not my thing.)
Good luck! Be sure to let us know how your Valentine's Day turns out. I'll post about mine too afterwards. Jason reads my site and I don't want to spoil the surprise.