II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bed, Bath & Beyond...


Today I went shopping with my mom at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I was mainly just looking to possibly buy some new towels for our new house....but I found SO MUCH MORE! I ended up buying bath and hand towels and wash cloths for the master bathroom in a thick, plush, snow-white for 50% off regular price. I got a black tablecloth that has a sort of waffle pattern. It is really cool and EXACTLY what I was wanting (and it was on clearance for only $7.99!). I am making a centerpiece for the table myself. I saw one at Mathis Brothers that I loved but it was $495!!! Can you believe anyone would pay that much for a square box of flowers to go on their table? I went to Hobby Lobby and got all the stuff to make one almost identical for $45. Being crafty really pays off sometimes! But anyway, back to what I got today...I also got a shower curtain and matching towel to go in our guest bathroom in the new house. I absolutely LOVE it. It is black with a floral design...mostly cream, crimson and a sage/army kind of green. I took a picture but I don't know if you can really see it very well. It was my best bargain of the day at $19.99 (regularly $79.99)!!! I am going to dress it up a little by adding a red gingham "curtain?" at the top (about 10 inches in height) with some black tassel fringe on the edge. I don't know if you can picture it...I put it all up against the curtain and it looked really cute---kinda shabby chic. Another "crafty" thing I did recently that saved us a bunch of money was making my own mini-lamp shades for our dining room chandelier. It is brushed nickel with 5 little lights and at the lighting store...the little lamp shades were adorable...but outrageous! Who pays $74.99 A PIECE for minature lampshades?--especially when you need five? That is CRAZY! Anyway, again, I went to Hobby Lobby and got my own little shades and dressed them up with fringe and now they look almost as cute as the expensive ones--and at only about $8.00 each! By the way...I only buy things from Hobby Lobby when they are half-off. Everything there goes half off at one time or another. I just got lucky that all the things I have needed recently were half-off at the time. Okay, anyway...I am definitely starting to feel excited about the new house now. I just can't WAIT to be in it! I will be posting pictures as it starts going up! TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi girlfriend,

I love your wonderful ideas, I sure could use some of my own. Do you take your photos with a digital camera? The shower curtain sounds sort of dark, is the bathroom really well lit or have lots of windows to offset the dark? Could you post a pic of the mini lampshades? I know, I know, lots of questions.

Anonymous said...

OMG SOOO EXCITED!!!! Good job on the making your own stuff.. very smart.. glad you didn't buy that horribly over priced stuff... good job! well i cant wait to see you all.. i am really looking forward to it!

<3 ya guys!

<3 me:)