II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Welcome to the world little baby!!

When Brooklyn was 3, we decided to get her a horse. A friend of ours had a female yearling for sale that seemed sweet-tempered and was within our price range, so we bought her. Brooklyn named her Girlfriend and as she's grown, we've come to love her.
A couple of years ago (when Brooklyn was probably about 6 or 7), my dad (who takes care of Girlfriend for us since he has the big barn) decided to sell her. My mom, knowing the trauma/drama it would create when Brooklyn found out, called me while we were at the mall to tell me that dad was selling her. When I told Brooklyn, it was an all-out sob-fest right in the middle of Dillards. I've rarely seen that girl cry her eyes out like she did that day.
I called my mom back and asked if there was ANY WAY we could stop the sale and explained how upset Brooklyn was.
As soon as my dad heard about the "drama", he backed out of the sale.
(I should probably tell you that Matt and I had told him that since he takes care of her and feeds her, etc. that she was really his horse now. It was only right for him to have the right to do with her what he wanted since he takes care of her 100% of the time....also fyi: my parents live next door to us.)
Anyway, thankfully, he/we kept her and we've known since that day that she would be in our family for ever. Here's a pic of me kissing her on the nose. She is SUCH a sweetie!
Today, on April 26th, 2010 (Matt's 34th birthday), she gave birth (at 4 am) to her first baby! We've been looking forward to this (especially Brooklyn) for almost a year now and how exciting that it happened on Matt's b-day!
Here are a few pics. I got the kids out of bed at 6:30 am (when the baby was 2 1/2 hrs old) to go out to the barn to see them.




We all got to pet the baby but it was an especially special moment for Brooklyn!
While I'm at it, here are a few more pics of our animals and the "wild" animals we have around here:
That first pic is cute little Kinley looking out of the car door at me. She hates for me to get out and leave her in there!
Next is big ole' Sam. He actually celebrated his 11th birthday yesterday (April 25th).
The 3rd pic is of a gopher that my dad killed. They are EVERYWHERE out here. We HATE them! They eat our vegetables in the garden and make little dirt piles everywhere! GRRrrrr!
The last pic is a turtle that was right out in the road in front of our house. It was BIG, and look at that TAIL!

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Poor little gopher!

But thinking about it, they sound like the cats from next door so he probably had it coming!

Rene' said...

awww, so sweet, can't believe u guys got to pet her right after she was born, that's so cool! Kinley is adorable! cute picture!