II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Friday, February 16, 2007

little by little...

So...how are you guys doing on your quest for healthier, leaner bodies by summer? I didn't start out great...but I've been doing good for about the past week and a half and I braved the scale today and I've lost 2 pounds. Not a lot...but a start. I really worked out hard this past week. Monday I went to a class at the gym from 9-10am and then that evening I went to my Dancercize class from 6-7 pm. Tuesday I went to a class at the gym from 7-8 pm. Wednesday I took the day off (since it was Valentines day) and me and my hubby went out for dinner. Thursday I went to two classes: one from 9-9:45 and then from 9:45-10:30 am. Today (Friday) I did two again (9-9:45 and 9:45-10:30). Whew! My body is exhausted!!! I've learned lots of new exercises using the stabality ball though that I really like. I am thinking about having Matt take some pictures of me doing some of my favorite exercises so I can show them to you all and tell you about them. If you don't have one of those balls...you should get one. With a pair of hand weights....there are endless exercises you can do with them. I've had one for years but I've never really known what to do with it. Now though..I am totally pumped about it.
So anyway, I want to hear how you guys are doing. I know Logzie probably hasn't had a chance to do much with all the craziness and puking that's going on at her house...:o(
If I were to share some exercises with you guys...would you use them? Do any of you have a ball that you use?
By the way, I found the cutest shirts at the Gap the other night. I bought one and I'll take a pic of it so you guys can see...but the other ones are cute too. They say (on the front) "I only run..." and on the back "so I can eat more chocolate cake." and the other one said (on the front) "I sweat..." and on the back "so I can squeeze into my teeny bikini." You like?
Well, I think I am going to take the afternoon off and watch some shows (Wife Swap and The Nanny) that my mom recorded for me from Monday night. I cleaned house yesterday and I've already gotten my work done for today...so I am off to a good start on a great weekend! I hope you all get lots of exercising and relaxing done this weekend! (that's kind of an oxymoron, huh?)

2 comments:

KC said...

Way to Go Jen!
I love my Ball too. I use it kind of like a weight bench, while I do excercises with my free weights, then I also use it for all kinds of ab workouts. We just got a new Muscle and Fitness Mag and it had some really HARD exercises in there.
Also we have a weighted medicine ball. I love it too! We throw it back and forth between us while doing crunches. We do side-twists with it, and some incline crunches while holding it straight out above our head the whole time..ouch! But it sure works!
I have been doing my Elliptical, or Treadmill everyday. (For V-Day Stephen got me a new TV for our weight room, so I can watch my favorite shows while I am on the Elliptical! Yea! Plus he got me a new Shape magazine from the boys...he knows me so well.
Then I have also been working out on my bowflex and free weights, every other day.
I also do my Firm Video's to change things up too. I don't want to get stuck in a rut by doing the same things all the time. So I am trying to mix it up everyday.
But hey, it is so worth it, to feel so good about yourself right?!
I love those shirts by the way. Chocolate is not my thing, but the one about "I sweat, so I can wear my teeny bikini" is so totally up my alley! I will have to go find a Gap, so I can get one of those! :)
Congrats again. It is so much more fun and motivating, knowing we are doing this together!

Logzie said...

Yah, you were right about me. The past week has been aweful in the food departmet as well! I have been eating TERRIBLE b/c life was nutso and I ate a ton of fast food and crap...just for survival.

I hope to do much better next week and get to the gym everyday too!

I'll keep you posted! :0)