II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Not the funnest way to spend $1,800

Oh My....this picture represents a big hurdle in my life. Both in the natural as well as spiritually. Last month the transmission went out in the van and end up costing us $1,800 that we had to put on a credit card--with no means of paying back anytime in the near future. It really stunk because we just paid the van AND our credit card off this year and were just about to start saving up for a new vehicle (to be purchased sometime next year). Now instead, we have the same old van and all the money we would have been saving, has to go to pay back the bill. It was at about this same time that I started hearing some good teaching on prosperity and God's will concerning His children and their finances. I began standing on the Word and the promises God has given us in the Bible. I know that because we are faithful tithers as well as givers, my needs are guaranteed to always be met, over and above what I can think or imagine. YES! I started speaking to this debt and to our finances and began to see my faith develop and mature as I trusted this "headache" entirely to God. I literally casted this care on Him and didn't think another thing about it--other than to give Him praise whenever it came to my mind.
I can't help but admit, when Oct. 15th came and the credit card bill was due, I was a little discouraged that the money hadn't come in like I had been believing for. Thankfully, my parents agreed to lend us the money so we could pay the CC bill off and not have to pay the interest. Instead now we will just start making payments to them. That IS a blessing and I am thankful for it. However, I have not given up on God meeting this need. I have learned a lesson through this that I am very grateful for: GOD is my supply. He is my provider. I realized that even though I thought I trusted Him with my finances before, I had room to grow. Now I know for certain, that not a dime is gained by worrying and stressing. However, by giving these things that we can't handle over to God, we are guaranteed Peace, which is priceless! I am still believing for the money to come in for this...and I'm willing to work for it. However God wants to get the money in my hands, I'm here and ready. I will bless the Lord at all times! His praise shall CONTINUALLY be in my mouth!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "living by faith", "God is my source", etc. etc. are phrases that have taken on a whole new meaning to me in the past 2 months let me tell you!!

Rene' said...

always keep your faith in God. And remember to put the tools God gives you to use. Even with the widow and the oil. He didn't just give her the money, she had to take action (by collecting the pots). Also Jesus didn't just make a coin appear to pay the taxes, the apostle (Peter I think) had to reach in and grab a fish, and the fish had the coin. God's blessings usually require some sort of action on our part. God will guide u what that action will be. Keep your sights on God, You are an inspiration for being so faithful all the time :)