II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

When it rains, it pours!

Okay, so today was the third time we have tried to go to the water park that it rained! I am beginning to wonder if it's just not meant to be. It's crazy. When we got up this morning it was clear, bright and sun-shiny, so we put on our suits, packed our towels and got ready to go...when all of a sudden out of nowhere...it started pouring. Well, we ended up getting a babysitter and deciding to go to lunch and go pick up our new table and chairs that we ordered. We ate at the Elephant Bar and it was really good. I got a Philly cheese-steak sandwich and Matt got the Shrimp Adventure which had 3 kinds of shrimp, stir-fried veggies, and a salad. Then we shared a monstrous brownie thing for dessert which wasn't nearly as good as it looked..but still..satisfied our sweet tooth. Anyway, after lunch we went to get the table. It wasn't raining anymore and looked pretty clear. But, of course, as soon as we drove away with all of the stuff in our truckbed, it started pouring---and poured the whole way home. Such is life...I guess. So my new motto is "When life gives you rain---take a nap!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. thats a cute saying.. what is on your xanga? what is that... lol.. its funny! u didn't go to ur college graduation? what? well um anyways.. i am like totally sick... i am getting over it though. lol.. i wen to l.a. last night with my aunt to pick up my gandparents and i just got sooo sick... omg! like i never et sick but when i do.. it pours.. as u would say it! lol.. well i cant wait to get out there.. like 13 more days i think.. so i am still waiting on God..he will come through! <3 ya! talk to you later.. hope everthing is going okaay.. write me back and let me know!

<3 m3 :)

Anonymous said...

sumone needs to update! with lots of pic.s.. im sute its crunch time for you.. moving and all but.. i miss you guys.. we are heading out of here on the 3rd.. lord willing.. lol.. well i will see u soon love ya!

<3! me!