II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

If life's a dance, I must be doing the quick-step!

Ya, you've been hearing me whine about being "too busy" and "overwhelmed with responsiblities" for years on here...
So what have I done now?
Well...signed up for MORE, what else?
Really, I think I have a disease. It's the "I only live once so I want to do it ALL" disease.
There are a rare few things I DON'T want to EVER experience...but other than that, I say BRING IT ON.
The problem with that is I have to be a wife and a mother and clean house and earn a paycheck and none of that really lends itself to a thing called SPARE TIME. In a quest to "do it all" in the midst of my LIFE, I seem to be trying to cram as much as possible into every day.
In the end, I am exhausted and grouchy and SPENT!
Spent (adj.) - a feeling of being burned out, physically, mentally and spiritually. Symptoms may include, but are not limited to: exhaustion, insomnia, digestive problems, irritability and unexplained joint or back pain.
Uh ya...that pretty much explains it.
There are days, like today for instance, where MENTALLY I am feeling totally PUMPED! I feel great and encouraged and just overall HAPPY---but THESE are the kinds of days that get me into trouble! When I'm exhausted, I have a MUCH EASIER time saying "no" to things. But when I'm feeling like I do right now, I say "yes" before people even get done asking the question. YES I want to teach a fitness class on Thursday! YES I want to be homeroom mom for BOTH my kids classes! YES I want to buy $50 worth of scrapbook stuff and go to a crop with you! YES I want to volunteer in this, that and the other departments at church! YES! YES! YES!
Somewhere in there, is a big problem. I'm beginning to think it's ME. This is who I am. This is what I do. This is how I live. To change would be to change my innermost being, the person God created to be Jennifer. Right? Surely there must be a way to "tame" me without making me someone entirely different. I just don't know what it's gonna take.
So...there you go Tammy! Ha ha..you asked for a new post. Bet you didn't know I was gonna barf all over ya'll! This is just what is going on in my life right now....so it's all I could think of to talk about.
One day SPENT.
One day STOKED.
One day EXHAUSTED.
One day ELATED.
and on and on and on.....

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'd like to tell you to breathe and slow down. I'd like to tell you to 'say no.' But I'm probably not the right person for that since I wouldn't be taking my own advice. I feel like I'll sleep when I'm dead ... so might as well cram as much into this life as I can!!! And your kids are seeing a fine example of how one can really juggle it all!! Go Jen!

P.S. Thanks for the new post :)

Amy said...

I feel like that at times and I'm not NEARLY as busy as you are! I don't know how you do it!

Rene' said...

everytime I read your posts about how busy you are, it makes me feel guilty for wanting to ask you to do something ;( But I love spending time with you, so I'm going to do it anyway ;) the park was fun, maybe we can do it again soon while the weather is still good. See u fri at class?